By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 3 NEMESIS Remake possible, if Fans want it

Capcom’s remake of Resident Evil 2 has only been out for a few mere days but for a lot of fans, the question has already become, “What’s next for Resident Evil?” While it would seem logical for Capcom to continue on with the franchise in a potential Resident Evil 8 following up on the success of 2017’s RE7, some fans seem to be so smitten by the new RE2 remake that now all they want to see is this same treatment for other older games in the series, specifically that of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Well, if that’s what you want to see happen, then Capcom is saying that you need to make your voice heard and let them know. Speaking to Japanese publication Game Watch recently, Resident Evil 2 producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi spoke a bit about the potential of remaking another entry in the series. Hirabayashi said that the reason Capcom decided to specifically remake Resident Evil 2this time around was that for over 20 years, fans made it well-known that this is what they wanted to see happen.

https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-3-remake-potential-capcom-fans/

Around the Network

I want it

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

There's a rumor that the remake of RE3 is already in development. Starting at 08:40 in this video.

I'll buy it but RE3 was my least favorite. It wasn't scary at all and it seemed to just take one of the best parts of RE2 and build the game around that. It killed the novelty for me. Plus, buy then the traditional tank controls and backtracking to solve ridiculous puzzles had run its course.

Maybe the update can fix my personal gripes.

RE3 is my least favorite classic cause it's he easiest of the main PS1 RE games and there are too many Michael Bay explosions.

Around the Network

Might as well remake both 3 and Code Veronica now

Yes I want it. Was my favorite after RE1, now 7 is something special as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just when you think Capcom is starting to know their fans they go and say this...

Like obviously fans want it you dont even need to ask! xD

V-r0cK said:
Just when you think Capcom is starting to know their fans they go and say this...

I don't think it's an issue of not knowing their fans, I think it's kind of a marketing ploy. With how REmake 2 is selling it's obvious people want remakes. But if you say "well ... if you guys want it, of course" it makes people beg and vocalize their support a lot more. Which ultimately is just great for brand image, to have more people talking about your franchise. Plus iirc didn't they say something similar when they ported REmake 1? Because the sales of REmake 1 were good after they said something to a similar effect, they greenlit REmake 2.

CaptainExplosion said:
Yes please! It'd be nice to see Nemesis terrify us in HD. ^^

I believe Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite have ya' covered.  I hear Infinite as a game is just as terrifying as Nemesis himself.