By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Software 29th December 2018 - LAST SOFTWARE UPDATE

Just under 50% of global retail software sold in 2018 is for the PS4. The best percentage yet in terms of global retail software sold in a year for the PS4 and perhaps for Sony?

Around the Network

I'm confused, why is this the final software update?

PortisheadBiscuit said:

VGChartz changing how they track software beginning in 2019.  Details here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238631

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

SMP is really something else... It could like reach 8-9 millions if they dont release another one too soon.
They should probably just add stuff to the game instead of making another one

kenjab said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

VGChartz changing how they track software beginning in 2019.  Details here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238631

Ahhh, okay thanks

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:
Octopath Traveler above a million (physical)! Yay!

Now we have (third party):
Fifa 18
The Elder Scrols V: Skyrim
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Octopath Traveler
Minecraft

If I have to guest the next, wiil be:

Fifa 19
Diablo III: Eternal Collection
Fortnite
Just Dance 2019

Mario x Rabbids is a million seller as well. wouldnt rule out Super Bomberman R as a million seller either. It should be really close if not already over 1M.

I'm referring to Vgchartz numbers only... and I don't counted M+R because of... Mario

Super Bomberman had a good boost last 2 months but I think will take more 7-10 months to reach a million (again, Switch version, VGChartz numbers).

If I remember well, SEGA announced Puyo Puyo above 1m months ago, too.

Spider-Man managed to nab the #5 spot, not bad at all. The top 4 are the usual suspects, and it managed to beat out both FIFA and Pokemon. Although I guess it is impressive that Mario Kart nabbed the #4 spot considering how old it is.

pretty cool that the last chart on here has Smash Bros at number 1... having pumped nearly 50 hours into it since launch I can agree with this!

Also.... why is it listed here as Super Smash Brothers 2018... why not the name on the box? Ultimate is being left out completely, is it a regional thing where it is only called Ultimate in some regions but it's definitely not called 2018 anywhere as far as I can tell, Nintendo wouldn't date their software like that, especially not something launching in December it would be 1 year out of date after less than a month.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Spider-Man managed to nab the #5 spot, not bad at all. The top 4 are the usual suspects, and it managed to beat out both FIFA and Pokemon. Although I guess it is impressive that Mario Kart nabbed the #4 spot considering how old it is.

Well this is the first time Vgchartz has seperated Pokemon skus for some reason, combined it's over Spidey, still great result regardless.

Speaking of Spidey, I finally beat it two days ago, cant wait for the sequel.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Last chart ever. Ps4 top dog this week for total weekly software. LTD now over 650m!

RDR2 finishes as the 2018 top dog. Insane sales.