By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Was The Top Selling Home Console In The World For The 8th Year In A Row!

KingofTrolls said:
Intrinsic said:

I think thats something people forget when lookin at the PS2 and the PS4. It was easier getting a PS2 down to $99 than it will ever be with the PS4. Just the two drives it has (disc drive and HDD) already is like $55. And that is before you add APU, Ram and controller lol. 

You got it totally wrong.

The PS4 is a mid range PC in x86 arch, manufactured on one SOC with cheap APU and unified RAM, it is not even capable of reading CD-ROM, the Pro has not 4K reader etc etc.

Sony is making a ton of money with every PS4 Slim/Pro sold right now, and it is selling so good, that this is no need to make a price cut. This is more revenue than units sold game for them. If they want to make a perma price drop, it should do it last year, this year it will not make that diff.

What stands for deals, the famous Pro+Spider bundle was sold out just before Cyber Monday, and Switch got bundles with MK8 + 100$ price drop.

. If you're in the USA, then you've missed all the good PS4 Black Friday deals - all the console bundles have gone back up to full price, which means your best bet is PS4 Slim 1TB Spider-Man Bundle for $349.99.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-26a-ps4-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-deals-2018-the-best-offers-on-consoles-games-psvr-and-more

IDK why or why you are saying all that to me.

Nate4Drake said:
KingofTrolls said:
Keep it civil guys, PS4 wont win 2019 by any means.
But of course the PS4 will be a longevity king with total sales above 120M at the end of the day, Sony stopped PS3 production in ..30th May 2017.

120M is a very low estimate.  I would say 125-130M easy.

For 2019, it depends on price cut and big AAA PS4 titles.   Anyway it doesn't matter that much, you know, if after 8 years of dominance, and an incredible longevity, Switch will sell more in 2019, and I'm wondering why you pointed out "to keep it civil", second nobody here said PS4 will sell more in 2019, just you cannot be sure about Switch winning. There was people who was sure about Swith winning in 2018, and it lost in the end.  Let's enjoy the game experience, RE2 is out, KH3 in 3 days, and all the good Nintendo and MS games. In the end we play videogames, not selling numbers.   Competition is good to have better games on all system.

The only ways NS doest win 2019 is if sony drops PS4 price to $99, NS increases their price to $399 or NS doesn't release any new games in 2019......... or maybe any or all of those things combined.

Around the Network
Evilms said:

PlayStation is the one and only true king for home consoles.

PS1+PS2+PS3+PS4 = 440.83 millions

Nes+S.Nes+N64+NGC+Wii+WiiU+Switch = 311.37 millions

XBX+360+XB1 = 151.65 millions

No possible contestation

Beautiful.

Intrinsic said:
KingofTrolls said:

You got it totally wrong.

The PS4 is a mid range PC in x86 arch, manufactured on one SOC with cheap APU and unified RAM, it is not even capable of reading CD-ROM, the Pro has not 4K reader etc etc.

Sony is making a ton of money with every PS4 Slim/Pro sold right now, and it is selling so good, that this is no need to make a price cut. This is more revenue than units sold game for them. If they want to make a perma price drop, it should do it last year, this year it will not make that diff.

What stands for deals, the famous Pro+Spider bundle was sold out just before Cyber Monday, and Switch got bundles with MK8 + 100$ price drop.

. If you're in the USA, then you've missed all the good PS4 Black Friday deals - all the console bundles have gone back up to full price, which means your best bet is PS4 Slim 1TB Spider-Man Bundle for $349.99.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-26a-ps4-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-deals-2018-the-best-offers-on-consoles-games-psvr-and-more

Nate4Drake said:

120M is a very low estimate.  I would say 125-130M easy.

For 2019, it depends on price cut and big AAA PS4 titles.   Anyway it doesn't matter that much, you know, if after 8 years of dominance, and an incredible longevity, Switch will sell more in 2019, and I'm wondering why you pointed out "to keep it civil", second nobody here said PS4 will sell more in 2019, just you cannot be sure about Switch winning. There was people who was sure about Swith winning in 2018, and it lost in the end.  Let's enjoy the game experience, RE2 is out, KH3 in 3 days, and all the good Nintendo and MS games. In the end we play videogames, not selling numbers.   Competition is good to have better games on all system.

The only ways NS doest win 2019 is if sony drops PS4 price to $99, NS increases their price to $399 or NS doesn't release any new games in 2019......... or maybe any or all of those things combined.

We will see at the end of 2019.   If Sony make a price cut at $199 on 1st Sept, and the Last Of Us Part II will be out in Q4 2019, I'm not very sure Switch will sell more; but it's just me, no need to quote me again :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Evilms said:

PlayStation is the one and only true king for home consoles.

PS1+PS2+PS3+PS4 = 440.83 millions

Nes+S.Nes+N64+NGC+Wii+WiiU+Switch = 311.37 millions

XBX+360+XB1 = 151.65 millions

No possible contestation

Well, WOW :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Random question, but why this site is so biased with Nintendo. It is kind of weird. I see so much elitism in some comments. Maybe because some of you live in rich countries, That is why you will never understand how much respect SONY shows for third world country. Unlike Nintendo that doesn't care because they want money, not players. SONY actually does their best so people can still enjoy games and buy consoles in places like South America. Nintendo is amazing too, of course. But the biasing in this site is disgusting. Playstation consoles are amazing.

Around the Network
youngbr said:
Random question, but why this site is so biased with Nintendo. It is kind of weird. I see so much elitism in some comments. Maybe because some of you live in rich countries, That is why you will never understand how much respect SONY shows for third world country. Unlike Nintendo that doesn't care because they want money, not players. SONY actually does their best so people can still enjoy games and buy consoles in places like South America. Nintendo is amazing too, of course. But the biasing in this site is disgusting. Playstation consoles are amazing.

Every console manufactor wants players, and care about their players 

youngbr said:

Forgot Playstation was a passion project, they seek no revenue or profits.  

Edit: And by the way, so much for that being a "random" question lol 

MasonADC said:
youngbr said:

Every console manufactor wants players, and care about their players 

Not the case with Nintendo here in South America after Wii U. Since they never decrease the price of their games. Please, a Nintendo Wii U game here was R$ 250. With SONY, there are often sales and even though games are still expensive, they are affordable. Also, the PS store here always have good sales even in our currency money.

So please, like I said. Some of you don't live here to understand the situation. If you did, you would get it. Not every country can pay a full game price like it was nothing. 

Intrinsic said:

It is much easier to make PS4 99 than PS2.

Like 5 times easier.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
youngbr said:

Forgot Playstation was a passion project, they seek no revenue or profits.  

Like I said. Some of you won't get it because it is not your reality.

You have to live to understand. There is too much elitism. Well, if Nintendo cared a bit more. Why wouldn't they make a more affordable price for countries in South America? We love gaming here. Even though our money situation isn't great we still try our best to buy consoles. So of course it is easier for us a console that understand the situation we live. PS4 even has a Greatest Hits series only for us with a different name and different games. Like I said, most of you don't understand.