By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Was The Top Selling Home Console In The World For The 8th Year In A Row!

youngbr said:
MasonADC said:

Every console manufactor wants players, and care about their players 

Not the case with Nintendo here in South America after Wii U. Since they never decrease the price of their games. Please, a Nintendo Wii U game here was R$ 250. With SONY, there are often sales and even though games are still expensive, they are affordable. Also, the PS store here always have good sales even in our currency money.

So please, like I said. Some of you don't live here to understand the situation. If you did, you would get it. Not every country can pay a full game price like it was nothing. 

Aren't video games heavily taxed by the government in countries like say Brazil? Has nothing to do with Nintendo seeking huge profits. You also have to remember Sony as a conglomerate is much bigger than Nintendo and can afford losses/smaller profit margins. Sometimes it helps to understand business as well. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
youngbr said:

Not the case with Nintendo here in South America after Wii U. Since they never decrease the price of their games. Please, a Nintendo Wii U game here was R$ 250. With SONY, there are often sales and even though games are still expensive, they are affordable. Also, the PS store here always have good sales even in our currency money.

So please, like I said. Some of you don't live here to understand the situation. If you did, you would get it. Not every country can pay a full game price like it was nothing. 

Aren't video games heavily taxed by the government in countries like say Brazil? Has nothing to do with Nintendo seeking huge profits. You also have to remember Sony as a conglomerate is much bigger than Nintendo and can afford losses/smaller profit margins. Sometimes it helps to understand business as well. 

They are heavily taxed. That is why I am saying that even with this complicated situation we can still enjoy gaming because PS4 is affordable. 

youngbr said:

PS4 even has a Greatest Hits series only for us with a different name and different games. Like I said, most of you don't understand.

Greetings from Poland :) An European country without official N branch.

I fully understand you, maybe our situation is better but yes, nobody can argue that Sony is the King in ROW. 

Considering all good things Sony brought to gaming businnes overall, I rate this the best.

Agente42 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Was the PS3 not successful?

Because Sony loss billions of money in Ps3' sales

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2008/jun/25/sonyhaslostmorethan3bill

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-still-losing-on-every-playstation-3-it-sells/

The Ps3 was not a good profitable project in long run.  The PSP and PS3 years was the worst profitwise years for Sony.

So they lost money in from launch to 2008.. THe PS3 had 5 more years after that. 

And the cnet article is literally how console business works. I'm surprised that you're on this forum and didn't know that consoles were sold at a loss.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Agente42 said:

Because Sony loss billions of money in Ps3' sales

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2008/jun/25/sonyhaslostmorethan3bill

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-still-losing-on-every-playstation-3-it-sells/

The Ps3 was not a good profitable project in long run.  The PSP and PS3 years was the worst profitwise years for Sony.

So they lost money in from launch to 2008.. THe PS3 had 5 more years after that. 

And the cnet article is literally how console business works. I'm surprised that you're on this forum and didn't know that consoles were sold at a loss.

They sold PS1 and PS2 at losses very early on too, but not to the tune of $9 billion. 

Around the Network
youngbr said:
Random question, but why this site is so biased with Nintendo. It is kind of weird. I see so much elitism in some comments. Maybe because some of you live in rich countries, That is why you will never understand how much respect SONY shows for third world country. Unlike Nintendo that doesn't care because they want money, not players. SONY actually does their best so people can still enjoy games and buy consoles in places like South America. Nintendo is amazing too, of course. But the biasing in this site is disgusting. Playstation consoles are amazing.

When you are the king like PlayStation, you got ennemies. ^^

CGI-Quality said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

They sold PS1 and PS2 at losses very early on too, but not to the tune of $9 billion

Was it really that much?

My bad, just did a quick google search and it was $5 billion by 2009. Not sure why I thought $9bn

Wow, impressive. Gratulation@Sony & Developers
I have played many amazing games on the PS4 and 2019 will be strong again. Very happy about the Games-situation, absolutely earned!

Very impressive. Did Sony ever have any years on top in the handheld market?

pikashoe said:
Very impressive. Did Sony ever have any years on top in the handheld market?

No.