By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president says a Switch successor/price cut not currently being considered

A price cut would be a bad business move at this point. The people are still buying it in droves. Wait and drop the price when the sales slow and you can earn more money. Your early adopters will not feel cheated and you will make more profit that can go back into the business.

As for a successor, they are probably witholding info, but lets have fun.

To my tech friends, could Nintendo not release an ehanced dock that would enhance the console further in about a year and then release a new tablet that is stronger in every way? Then just rotate those two things from now until x amount of generations from now? (I doubt the dock could enhance it that much) I mean this could be a great way to release further Generations that are competitive for a much smaller price.

Around the Network

I smell translation and contextualization errors.

Yerm said:
outright admitting that they arent working on new hardware is a bad sign. it takes years to develop a console, and the PS5 and next Xbox could very well launch next year. if that happens, game devs arent going to care about the bottom line, the Switch is going to be left in the dust.

I seem to remember that Sony said something aimilar when asked about the PS5 even 3 years into its life.  This is common, there is nothing to see here.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dulfite said:
I smell translation and contextualization errors.

Agreed. Things carry different meanings from culture to culture. 

Also, this is in regards to priorities and objectives on the topic of a fiscal year that closes in about 2 months. The 2020 year doesn't necessarily apply.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ofcourse they're not considering anything at the moment they're the only gen 9 platform out doesn't mean that R&D is not still going on but they need to see their competitors gen 9 platforms before they consider what path to take with the Switch's successor.

Around the Network

I hope they wait and celebrate the release of PS5 with a price drop and new model.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I call bull on this.

Mar1217 said:
Yerm said:
outright admitting that they arent working on new hardware is a bad sign. it takes years to develop a console, and the PS5 and next Xbox could very well launch next year. if that happens, game devs arent going to care about the bottom line, the Switch is going to be left in the dust.

Or maybe they're ... you know, hiding information from us ? It's not like they would lay out their future plans in a simple interview.

yeah of course, why would you say you're looking at releasing a revision or successor to a machine which is pumping out half a million units a week, while it's selling as fast as it is let it fly on it's own and don't hamper sales.

No one starts to advertise a new line of cakes while customers are queuing up for already proven hot cakes!

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
Mar1217 said:

Or maybe they're ... you know, hiding information from us ? It's not like they would lay out their future plans in a simple interview.

yeah of course, why would you say you're looking at releasing a revision or successor to a machine which is pumping out half a million units a week, while it's selling as fast as it is let it fly on it's own and don't hamper sales.

No one starts to advertise a new line of cakes while customers are queuing up for already proven hot cakes!

I guess you've never heard of IHOP. It's America's #1 choice for designer hot cakes and being stabbed to death in a parking lot.

YOU WILL SERVE THE BRIGHT LORD!

COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I guess you've never heard of IHOP. It's America's #1 choice for designer hot cakes and being stabbed to death in a parking lot.

Ironically as a T1 Diabetic I get stabbed in the stomach each time I eat cake.... by myself.... then my feet fall off.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8