By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gush about your system of choice this generation!

My system of choice has all the games I want in my favorite genres day 1! Well not all but 90%. It also has many more to come.

Around the Network

I can't pick, they all have games I love and enjoy.

I absolutely love the portability of the Switch. I love that I can take it with me to work and get a few games of Rocket League in. I love that I can get to work on a few Shrines in Zelda that I couldn't beat the first time around and really spend some quality time with them in handheld mode. I prefer the TV experience for exploring new areas and for the grandeur of the game, but the smaller levels that I'm basically just having to grind are perfect for quick 10-15 minute sessions at work.

I've booted up the system during parties at my house and not since the Wii days have I seen everyone flock to the system and really enjoy playng it together. From Mario Kart 8 to Smash to Breath of the Wild each person has that wonder that makes gaming in groups a joy. I love how fast the Switch boots up. I love that it remembers what game you were playing and within seconds you're back into it. I know if I've got 5-10 minutes to spare I can get in a full match of Rocket League without waiting for the system to boot up, the game to load, and then bam...there goes my 5-10 minute window.

I love that unlike any other generation I can expect a generation's worth of content for this device. I know that there are games being made now by first and third party developers that will be a joy to play and that there won't be a noticeable drought of content. And this time around the Switch was a promise to not just the blue ocean casual gamers, but to core gamers and the core gamers have returned that promise with epic sales and support. Should we make a Metroid for this audience? Absolutely. What about Animal Crossing? Of course. Should we try some random casual game? Sure, but don't expect that to light up the fanbase. Cater to their core gaming needs and they will purchase your titles in droves.

I love that the Switch is an indie paradise for fan and developer alike. It's almost like we've continued where we left off at the apex of the 16bit generation and continue to mine that creative space to its fullest potential.

I love that we're only two years into the lifespan of this system and already there are standout gems that will stand the test of time. 2019 promises to be exciting and fulfilling game wise and I can only imagine what 2020 has in store for us.

Let's go Nintendo...we're all buckled in for this ride. I'm sure there will be some ups and downs, but I'm also sure that the highs will be epic and the lows will be more tolerable than ever. Even if Nintendo's first party efforts prove less than stellar or few and far between, the indie developers and third part developers will certainly fill those gaps well enough.

I just love DQ, especially my loto edition PS4.

To my love, the beautiful Switch
Nay, my soul your movement bewitch

Adventure and fantasy, love you are no toy
My life, my family, my sunshine you are a joy

Time, poor mistress is but a con
Now my love, lets chase some mon

Whether here or there, I will only Switch
For you are both my joy and my con.

Around the Network
Victorlink87 said:

Well done!

super_etecoon said:
Victorlink87 said:

Well done!

Thank you!

I had a WiiU, then I traded it in....it had few very enjoyable games

Later I had a Switch, then I sold it, because I heard there is a revision coming in 2019

During Christmas 2018, I bought PS4 Slim SPiderman bundle for 200$, and bunch of other games like RDR2, GOW, Uncharted1234, etc.
Very good games and I am still playing but I think I will sell the console later just for

the SWITCH NEW REVISION!
SO MY CHOISE IS SWITCH

My PC lets me play Rocket League in 1440p144 and soon 4k144. It's the only system that can do that, so it's awesome.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This has been the most fluid generation in the history of gaming for me. At the beging I was all in wih PS4. Then When Switch was announced and Mario Odyssey, I knew I would have to have it. That was followed by XBO X and Game Pass once Phil had announce every 1st party game, and new 1st party titles day one. Finally PC joined due to the same reasons as XBO X, Game Pass and Xbox Game Anywhere have moved Windows towards what I have always wanted from PC.

Right now all of the platforms have issues which stop me from giving anyone of them my definitive stamp as System of the Generation. Right now the closest two are PS4/PSVR/Vita and Desktop/VR/Xbox/Laptop. If Microsoft had universal games anywhere, it would be the leader. If Sony had better high end and Mobile they would take crown.

All in all this is by far my favorite generation so far. So I applaud the whole industry for delivering this generation.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL