By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 3, January 14 -20 , 2019

Now that's a Pacman alright!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
nero said:
Nice hold for the Switch.. Can we say that 70k may be the new baseline?

No, there was a holiday on Monday. We have to wait a bit before knowing what it is. 

Smash doing welllllll! Ace had a huge start

What was the holiday Monday?  MLK Jr. Day?  Jking...

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:
Awesome hardware sales for Switch and awesome retail launch for AC7. As should be completely expected, the one month promotion results in a major lull for PS4 hardware until Sony makes a price cut permanent.

Hey you wanna do another comparison like you did last year? Maybe 1.5m for PS4 and keep 4m for NSW?

What were the final results of 2018? I'm pretty sure both missed their Megiddo targets but I wonder how close it was.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
zorg1000 said:

Hey you wanna do another comparison like you did last year? Maybe 1.5m for PS4 and keep 4m for NSW?

What were the final results of 2018? I'm pretty sure both missed their Megiddo targets but I wonder how close it was.

NSW-3.53m

PS4-1.73m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LipeJJ said:
I just realized Switch is already far ahead of last January (~270k for 2018 vs ~350k for 2019 so far) with 1 week left. By the end of the month it will look like ~400k+ vs 270k. That's a lot, more than a 40% increase. If the same follows worldwide...

Just to put that into context, Switch 2019 after 3 weeks sold almost as much as it did last year after 7 weeks. If next week will be about 50K (and I doubt it will sell less then that) then Switch will have already have a 1 month advantage, having sold as much in January as last year January + February combined. 

Around the Network

Seeing AC sell that much, despite having a 49 rating, makes me curious what the best selling "bad" game was? lol

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Now that's a Pacman alright!

Munching on its competition and family. 

Switch has certainly started this year in a good way!

LipeJJ said:
I just realized Switch is already far ahead of last January (~270k for 2018 vs ~350k for 2019 so far) with 1 week left. By the end of the month it will look like ~400k+ vs 270k. That's a lot, more than a 40% increase. If the same follows worldwide...

Then it will crush 20M by March 31st. It needs to sell 25-30% more every weeks to get a chance to be at 19,5-20M

If instead it keeps going at +40-45%, it is done we can say.

Great opening for AC7, I need to get it, mainly for VR play. Another good week for Switch(Staying above 70k),Very bad week for PS4, RE2/KH3 should boost it near or past Switch for at least a week or so though soon,imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick