By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Hardware/Software Predictions (January 31st update)

As the title suggests, after the latest NPD figures and with Nintendo's Official Shipments due to be updated by the end of the month. It's that time again! PREDICTION TIME!

Nintendo Switch hardware/software sales predictions:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Nintendo Switch – 33 million (Their 20 million goal would still be possible with this number, but it would be very difficult/unlikely if this is the case. 34 million is the magic number I'm looking for, but I think that's a too optimistic.)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16.5 million (Mario Kart being Mario Kart. It's legs are just unbelievable.)

Super Mario Odyssey – 14.6 million (Officially becoming the best selling 3D Mario game of all time, Odyssey will be primed and poised to take the 3D Mario series & 3D platforming genre to new heights.)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13.5 million (Not quite the 15 million number that tbone is hoping for, but still amazing regardless. This would still make Ultimate the best selling Smash Bros. game. Beating Brawl's total in just 24 days!)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12.8 million (The bar just keeps getting higher and higher for Zelda. I honestly think that if it maintains its legs, Breath of the Wild could have a shot at 20 million copies on the Switch alone. Which would be awesome! ...So can we take advantage of this new popularity be making a new 2D game and classic-styled, 3D game that the new fans will try out? Please?)

Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 10 million (Pokemon being Pokemon. What else is there to say?)

Splatoon 2 – 9.6 million (Just shy of the 10 million mark, but it's guaranteed and like with Zelda, the bar gets higher and higher for the Kids & Squids!)

Super Mario Party – 6 million (The game that was overlooked because everyone was focused on Pokemon & Smash Bros., SMP will be well on its way to becoming the best selling Mario Party game of all time... Now if we could just add an online Party mode.)

1-2 Switch – 3.3 million (The cockroach that just won't die. ;))

Mario Tennis Aces – 3 million (Best selling Mario Tennis game.)

Kirby Star Allies – 2.7 million (One its way to 3 million and could potentially become the best selling Kirby game.)

These are games that I don't think we will see posted in the next update because Nintendo only shows off the top 10 best selling games, and with Pokemon, Smash Bros, and Mario Party all joining the fray, that means 3 games will have to get the axe.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 2.41 million (We'll get official confirmation that the Switch version has passed the Wii U version.)

ARMS – 2.39 million (Another overlooked game that keeps chugging along. I think this will eventually end up between 3-4 million and we might even get a sequel on the Switch.)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.86 million (Sooo close to 2 million, but it'll be just shy of the mark. It will end up between that 2-3 million range. I strongly hope that Nintendo invest more into this series and give Monolith Soft. more backing and support to really increase the production values of future installments.)

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 22 January 2019

Around the Network

Nintendo's Official Report should come out on the 31st if memory serves me right.

Switch: 33 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 16.7 million
Super Mario Odyssey: 14.3 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 13 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 12.8 million
Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu!/Eevee!: 11 million
Splatoon 2: 9.3 million
Super Mario Party: 6.2 million
1-2 Switch: 3.2 million
Mario Tennis Aces: 3 million
Kirby Star Allies: 2.8 million

Bonus:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: 2.5 million
ARMS: 2.2 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 1.9 million

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

I had a prediction noted for a while, I was just waiting a thread like that to appear.

Nintendo Switch - 33 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 16 million pcs.
Super Mario Odyssey - 15 million pcs.
The Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild - 13.5 million pcs.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 11 million
Splatoon 2 - 9 million pcs.
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/ Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/ - 8.5 million
Super Mario Party - 7 million
1-2-Switch - 2.9 million pcs.
Mario Tennis Aces - 2.8 million pcs.
Kirby Star Allies - 2.5 million pcs.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 2.4 million pcs.
ARMS - 2.3 million pcs.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.8 million pcs.

I'm not sure what you guys are predicting. 33 million Switches sold by Jan 31st? Or 33 Million Shipped by Jan 31st?

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
I'm not sure what you guys are predicting. 33 million Switches sold by Jan 31st? Or 33 Million Shipped by Jan 31st?

They're predicting 33 million shipped by December 31st. The fiscal quarter ends in December, and Nintendo publishes the results a month later.

PAOerfulone said:

As the title suggests, after the latest NPD figures and with Nintendo's Official Shipments due to be updated by the end of the month. It's that time again! PREDICTION TIME!

Nintendo Switch hardware/software sales predictions:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Nintendo Switch – 33 million (Their 20 million goal would still be possible with this number, but it would be very difficult/unlikely if this is the case. 34 million is the magic number I'm looking for, but I think that's a too optimistic.)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16.5 million (Mario Kart being Mario Kart. It's legs are just unbelievable.)

Super Mario Odyssey – 14.6 million (Officially becoming the best selling 3D Mario game of all time, Odyssey will be primed and poised to take the 3D Mario series & 3D platforming genre to new heights.)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13.5 million (Not quite the 15 million number that tbone is hoping for, but still amazing regardless. This would still make Ultimate the best selling Smash Bros. game. Beating Brawl's total in just 24 days!)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12.8 million (The bar just keeps getting higher and higher for Zelda. I honestly think that if it maintains its legs, Breath of the Wild could have a shot at 20 million copies on the Switch alone. Which would be awesome! ...So can we take advantage of this new popularity be making a new 2D game and classic-styled, 3D game that the new fans will try out? Please?)

Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 10 million (Pokemon being Pokemon. What else is there to say?)

Splatoon 2 – 9.6 million (Just shy of the 10 million mark, but it's guaranteed and like with Zelda, the bar gets higher and higher for the Kids & Squids!)

Super Mario Party – 6 million (The game that was overlooked because everyone was focused on Pokemon & Smash Bros., SMP will be well on its way to becoming the best selling Mario Party game of all time... Now if we could just add an online Party mode.)

1-2 Switch – 3.3 million (The cockroach that just won't die. ;))

Mario Tennis Aces – 3 million (Best selling Mario Tennis game.)

Kirby Star Allies – 2.7 million (One its way to 3 million and could potentially become the best selling Kirby game.)

These are games that I don't think we will see posted in the next update because Nintendo only shows off the top 10 best selling games, and with Pokemon, Smash Bros, and Mario Party all joining the fray, that means 3 games will have to get the axe.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 2.41 million (We'll get official confirmation that the Switch version has passed the Wii U version.)

ARMS – 2.39 million (Another overlooked game that keeps chugging along. I think this will eventually end up between 3-4 million and we might even get a sequel on the Switch.)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.86 million (Sooo close to 2 million, but it'll be just shy of the mark. It will end up between that 2-3 million range. I strongly hope that Nintendo invest more into this series and give Monolith Soft. more backing and support to really increase the production values of future installments.)

We will get an update on Donkey Kong, in their supplementary information document they list all the 1st party titles that ship over 1 million during the fiscal year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Switch: 33.3 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 16.8 million
Super Mario Odyssey: 14 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 13.4 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 12.6 million
Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu!/Eevee!: 12.2 million
Splatoon 2: 8.8 million
Super Mario Party: 7 million
1-2 Switch: 3.3 million
Mario Tennis Aces: 3.2 million
Kirby Star Allies: 2.6 million
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: 2.4 million
ARMS: 2.2 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 1.7 million

Bonus: Nintendo Labo: 2M+ combined

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 23 January 2019

ÀPokemon over 10m? Not in any case.

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Switch = 32.5M

MK8: 16.1M
SMO: 13.6M
SSBU: 12.1M
Zelda BOTW: 11.6M
PKLG: 9.3M
Splatoon2: 8.6M
SMP: 6M

1-2 SWITCH: 2.9M

MARIO TENNIS: 2.5M
KIRBY: 2,4M