By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is home console seeing the fastest software sales so far in Nintendo's history, Smash Bros sold 5m in first week

Miyamotoo said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Pokemon core series isn't a home console game but a handheld one

But it has home console price point. ;)

It can cost $100, won't change the series essence

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
EricFabian said:

Smash is their bigget system seller now......

Biggest for now, and when Pokemon gen 8 come out, well...

If it’s anything like Let’s Go...good luck with that. 

If gen 8 bombs (seems likely at this point). Pokémon Go will be pushed more as the main titles for the series. Go is already heading that direction considering the amount of money it’s generated plus Niantic phenomenal support compared to Gamefreak technical incompetency.

Niantic will be the MAIN developer of the Pokémon franchise and I’m more than fine with that. 

BlackBeauty said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

If gen 8 bombs (seems likely at this point). Pokémon Go will be pushed more as the main titles for the series. Go is already heading that direction considering the amount of money it’s generated plus Niantic phenomenal support compared to Gamefreak technical incompetency.

Niantic will be the MAIN developer of the Pokémon franchise and I’m more than fine with that. 

WHAT LOL. Do you really expect gen 8 to bomb? A MAINLINE, NEW Pokémon title? Let’s go did well for what it is, Gen 8 will blow let’s go out of the water. I could bet anything gen 8 will sell ATLEAST the normal 15 million 

Let’s Go didn’t even sell on par with normal remakes...

BlackBeauty said:

Yes, and it also wasn’t a normal remake 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
So Nintendo spoke people is also on the let's call home console or handheld depending on the situation instead of always calling it a hybrid?

It's their best-selling hybrid as well ;P

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

BlackBeauty said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, "if" lmao. Niantic, huh? Oh, yeah, Game Freak just stand there and smiling lol

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 19 January 2019

BlackBeauty said:

Oh yes, it sell on par with Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. You clearly are not Nintendo fan, clueless. Both ORAS and Let Go sold 3 million in the first 3 days. Try better next time, lol

https://play4.uk/pokemon-lets-go-achieved-a-great-success-in-sales-in-3-days-game-news-730

https://www.engadget.com/2014/11/26/report-pokemon-oras-tops-three-million-sales-in-three-days/

yes, I think nintendo numbers for pklg will be a bit surprising (expect 8 - 9 M until 31 Dec)... it only didn't sell as well as ORAS in Japan but it's outselling it in USA, EU, and ROTW without counting digital. If the new pokemon does like previous ones in Japan it will reach 15- 20M easily imo

BlackBeauty said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Based on what exactly?