OTBWY said:

Oh. Then I say the NS is undertracked!

no the PS4 is undertracked, obviously

You mean the Vita, of course.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

Why?

Because he said so. Isn't that proof enough? 

I suppose it is now

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

In my city, you cant buy a PS4, but you can buy switch and Xbox. Só, maybe the stock was a little short for the PS4 demand.

Switch is on FIIIIIRRRREEEEE! Almost sold twice the amount of PS4!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ironmanDX said:
kirby007 said:
Next week is gonna be a drop tho

By drop, do you mean like.... Off a cliff?

Well played! xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Switch global domination 

The way it almost doubled the sales of the PS4 and tripled the sales of the poor local Xbox 

These numbers look about right. December really is the Switch's month.

colafitte said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yes, it's possible. Very much so, in fact.

Those countries are where the Playstation is making Sonyland actually a thing. If you just add the big 3 together, then Switch will be pretty close to the PS4 (600K difference, mostly from Germany as UK and France mostly cancel each other out) - yet with all the other countries PS4 will be far in front. Without those countries the PS4 wouldn't be dominating the continent nearly as much.

It's also where the PS4 sales were mostly dropping compared to last year, since Japan is mostly stable and US even potentially up compared to last year. Nintendo has possibly taken over some market share from Sony there.

It's not "very much" possible at all.

UK, France are not Sonyland by any means. Germany, Spain, Italy are far better examples of that. We don't know Germany numbers either but Germany has been always, alongside Spain, the best market for PS4 (marketshare i mean). So i seriously doubt Switch suddenly is going to grow more there than in UK or France.

And by the, way, i think you did not understand correctly what i meant with EU numbers. If UK, FR and GE are 20-25% growth, and they're basically 65-70% of the market sales in Europe, that means that if Europe as a whole is a 35%, the 30-35% of the rest of Europe must be a lot more than a 35% growth, and there is no info in Spain or Italy (next 2 bigger markets in Europe) saying something like this either, so Netherlands, Portugal, Austria, Sweden, .... is practically impossible that they make the difference.

I think you didn't understand me correctly. I was saying that it's not the big 3 that make Sonyland, but all the smaller countries taken together. My first sentence was probably too ambiguous for that to be clear. 

@bolded: That's where you are dead wrong. they barely even represent half of Europe anymore, safe for Xbox (almost 1.2M out of 1.7M total this year by VGC numbers). For Sony, they are 3.1M out of 7.2M total sold this year, while for the Switch it's 2.5M out of 4.5M. Hence why I said Switch is growing there in the smaller European countries while the PS4 had the bulk of their losses there when compared to last year sales, there's much more growth there than most people realize.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
PAOerfulone said:

Merry Switchmas!

And a happy new Smash!

*It's the thirstiest time of the year*

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

colafitte said:
Those european numbers for Switch are really weird though. I still think VGC is overtracking big time Switch in Europe.

We had, with a week left, 15% growth YOY in France (we know it has to be 24% in the end), 10% growth YOY in UK (we know it has to be 20% in the end) and VGC is showing a 17% growth YOY in Germany already (we don't know official data yet here) but VGC is showing a whooping 34% growth YOY in all Europe with that week left of the year. Is that even possible when the 3 biggest markets....by far, are around 10-15%, and all Europe around 34%???. So what then? in Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Netherlands, .... is a 50-60% growth YOY? It has to be if in Europe is so big the growth...

According to VGC Switch sold 3'4M in Europe in 2017 and it seems is on pace to 4'8M in 2018. That would be a 41% growth YOY in Europe. Knowing UK and France numbers already i find it very difficult to be true.

On the other side, if my maths are correct, Switch is going to be around 1'2M (365k+392k+ around 440k = 1'2M) in USA in December with a week left according to VGC, so maybe finishing the year around 1'4-1'5M. That seems too low.

As for the rest of the world (not USA+EU+JP markets), Switch did 1'6M in 2017 and is alrady around 2'9M in 2018 with a week left. That's a 81% growth YOY (even with a week left).

My guess: USA is going to be undertracked around 500k at least (probably more), EU is going to be overtracked by around 500-600k (at least, too), and ROTW i really don't know anything here how it works, but a 85-90% growth YOY is reaaaaally a lot, so i won't be surprised if it's overtracked too.

For PS4 numbers....well, it seems it only needs around 500-600K in the last week (and maybe some tweaking in VGC numbers) to be on par with official numbers.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but you can't disregard eastern europe.

If who I get paired with in online matches in MK8D, Spaltoon 2 and SSBU, is a sign of anything it seems that Swtich is really popular in Poland (population 38 million) and Russia (population 145 million (and most of them living west of Ural)). Of course Russia is on average poorer than western europe, but they are not that poor, Poland is close to western europe tho.