By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is FF7R?

Can someone please come out with a Final Fantasy Historia, connecting all the games to one another in a timeline somehow? That would make me want to play each of them like Hyrule Historia did for Zelda haha.

I'm currently on my first Final Fantasy experience. I've almost beaten FFVIII and I am enjoying it more than I thought I would and way more than I did at first.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Can someone please come out with a Final Fantasy Historia, connecting all the games to one another in a timeline somehow? That would make me want to play each of them like Hyrule Historia did for Zelda haha.

I'm currently on my first Final Fantasy experience. I've almost beaten FFVIII and I am enjoying it more than I thought I would and way more than I did at first.

Nearly all FF games are distinct entities in their own world and universe.

Exceptions are direct sequels like X and X-2, XIII and XIII-2 and XIII Lightning Returns.  FFXII inhabits the same world as FF Tactics.  Then there is FFVII: Crisis Core, and FFIV: After Years.

What kinda connects them are recurring names such as Cid, Biggs, etc.  Also the summons and spells throughout all the series.

However, a there has been some ret-conning going on as well.  FFIV: After Years attempts to pull FFI through FFIV together though I didn't buy it much.  There's the Dissidia stuff but I would ignore it.

The prevailing theory is that all the FF games are part of the same multiverse with a few events in games hinting at this.  That's about it.

Oh and then there is this:

Last edited by dharh - on 10 April 2019

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The Fury said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not me, ask Square 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/

They also claimed FF13 was 3 games, not just FF13 but FF13 was called FF13 and it ended, while FF13-2 was called FF13-2... as in a sequel. FF13 finished at the end of FF13. Not a 3 part series. No one claims FFX has 2 parts, it's just FFX and a sequel.

FF7R should be FF7, not the FF7 extended story/world many don't care about or even played. 

FF7R is fanservice but it's made by those that think the entire thing is what we want when very few actually want that.

In reality we want FF16.

Who know? They claimed FFXIII have 3 parts? The result: need total 3 games to complete the FFXIII saga. Seem correct to me.

Same nonsense happened with KH3....Square has lost all sense of reality with gaming production. No way it should take this long.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Harkins1721 said:

You literally helped my argument. DQXI for Switch is clearly different enough. 

KH3 started in 2013 yes. They announced the game the day it entered production. This is a common issue and complaint that SE has gotten over the years. 4-6 years is the average time for an RPG to be made nowadays. Horizon ZD took 7. 

FFVsXIII was announced in 2006 and not actively worked on for those 10 years. But you're correct it was in "development" because they announced it. Thats all people seem to care about when it comes to this game though. And again another problem SE has announcing the games too early. Yet again the only game to take an absurd amount of time to release after being announced and shown a trailer of by SE.

FF7R is coming up on its 4th year of being announced. And now FFXV is 100% done and KH3 release. If you followed what SE said last year then you would know this is "suppose" to be FF7R's year. After KH3 released they informed fans that news on FF7R would be stated for this year. So expect it between now and the end of the year. If it becomes 2020 and no new info is released then you can be worried. 

FFXV and KH3 were both announced E3 2013 via a video from Nomura. 

Nope, that was when it got renamed to FF XV, until that point (2009-2013) it was known as FF versus XIII and already 7 years in development.

Also, you can't tell me that KHIII had a trailer in E3 2013 and they only started that year. That's just not possible to do. Even just doing that trailer takes more time than was available until E3 that year.

Theres articles from SE stating the name change happened when it changed gens. So thats 2012-2013. 

KH3's trailer was that it was in development and showed a CGI trailer. So yes I can tell you that because its in the KH3 Ultimania. Sorry these are the facts.

Around the Network

I only hope it doesn't play like ff xv. If it does, nostalgia wont even be enough for me to buy this game.

Harkins1721 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nope, that was when it got renamed to FF XV, until that point (2009-2013) it was known as FF versus XIII and already 7 years in development.

Also, you can't tell me that KHIII had a trailer in E3 2013 and they only started that year. That's just not possible to do. Even just doing that trailer takes more time than was available until E3 that year.

Theres articles from SE stating the name change happened when it changed gens. So thats 2012-2013. 

KH3's trailer was that it was in development and showed a CGI trailer. So yes I can tell you that because its in the KH3 Ultimania. Sorry these are the facts.

So, according to your facts, renaming a game removes and all work on the game done in the years before from existence? Okay...

Of course KHIII was in development at the time, I'm not disputing that. What I'm disputing is that they only started working that very year on it, yet already were able to deliver that trailer for E3. 5 Months maximum from concept start to E3 trailer, that's just too short in my opinion. I think they must have started working on ideas for the game in 2012 at the very least.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Harkins1721 said:

So, according to your facts, renaming a game removes and all work on the game done in the years before from existence? Okay...

Of course KHIII was in development at the time, I'm not disputing that. What I'm disputing is that they only started working that very year on it, yet already were able to deliver that trailer for E3. 5 Months maximum from concept start to E3 trailer, that's just too short in my opinion. I think they must have started working on ideas for the game in 2012 at the very least.

Where did I say this? I said they restarted development. What work was exactly done to FFvsXIII? They said in interviews it was less then 25%. Not much work went into the game from 2006-2011. So they restarted development in 2012. 

That trailer for E3 was CGI. So yes they very much could have just started on the game that year. You understand how easy CGI trailers are right? Big game devs do them all the time. Look at Anthem. Same thing happened. Bioware didnt know what they were making and the trailer at E3 was their target and project to make. They showed the trailer before they even had a solid idea on what to do with the game. Ubisoft with Watchdogs 1 and the massive downgrade when it released. Companies can make these trailer quite fast. Hell even FF7R was a concept trailer. But yes thats not to say they werent in the planning stages for KH3 in 2012 seeing as DDD just released.