By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
V-r0cK said:
FF7R is this gen's FF Versus XIII, Square is now expecting to do this for a specific FF game every gen.

With the amount of delay I really hope Crisis Core remake will be in the works, or at least an HD remaster please.

I don't know if you were trying to be funny with that post but man oh man, I simply LMAO with that one. :D

Around the Network
StriderKiwi said:
Where every Square mainline entry lingers for 6 to 10 years, development limbo.

Love their games, but cannot understand their business model with mainline entries in FF and KH that take forever to make.

The worst thing about it is that they have acknowledged the problem, but they haven't fixed it.

The Fury said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

If i remember correctly, they will add all 5 parts of FFVII into this remake. That is why it is so big

All 5 Parts of FFVII? You mean the spin offs that didn't matter to the main story as they were added later and take away from the original plot/ending anyway. Does anyone want to play Dirge again really?

No, it is more about plot/story of all these games

twintail said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

If i remember correctly, they will add all 5 parts of FFVII into this remake. That is why it is so big

They never said this. FF7 remake is only FF7. The only difference is that stuff from the other games will exist within the context of the game's story and not feel like they were added after the fact (like in the original compilation). But it is not these games being added, merely references to events etc. 

The reason the game is so big is because environments are being made bigger. and fully explorable in a 3D space (such as how Midgar seems to be expanded in the footage we have seen) 

OK, so it's more about the world, not story, but someone here said FFVII is small

Zoombael said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

All five parts? You mean discs... and it was only four. >_>

FFVII have 5 games, the story/plot of all parts

Around the Network
StreaK said:
V-r0cK said:
FF7R is this gen's FF Versus XIII, Square is now expecting to do this for a specific FF game every gen.

With the amount of delay I really hope Crisis Core remake will be in the works, or at least an HD remaster please.

I don't know if you were trying to be funny with that post but man oh man, I simply LMAO with that one. :D

If you "LMAO" then I did my job :D

V-r0cK said:

A full generation of hype per game is a bit ridiculous. I don't know what Square is thinking, but it is obvious this game will not be available on current gen platforms.

Zoombael said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I bet they are going to release it the same way they did with Hitman 2. The initial release will be episode 1. Periodically release episodes after that. Finally a FFVIIR complete edition at the end of the PS5 life cycle.

twintail said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

OK, so it's more about the world, not story, but someone here said FFVII is small

Someone was wrong then.

I suppose if the remake was just a better looking ff7 then sure, it could seem small.

But making ff7 more open will naturally make it bigger in scope.

I think Nomura want to add the plot/story of all 5 games into this one

ThatDreamcastTho said:
Zoombael said:

I bet they are going to release it the same way they did with Hitman 2. The initial release will be episode 1. Periodically release episodes after that. Finally a FFVIIR complete edition at the end of the PS5 life cycle.

Yes? They said the game will be spread over multiple parts a while ago.

"The decision to release Remakein multiple parts was taken so the team did not have to cut any of the original content. They also decided to add new content and adjust the original character designs to balance between realism and stylization."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

Hunting Season is done...