By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I mean they just wasted all the hype produced during what was it 2015 E3? If its episodic... they could turn something people are willing to just buy without asking to a messy project in my opinion. I also think it will come out around 2020 but we havent seen much about it so who knows

Around the Network
gergroy said:
twintail said:

While I can certainly understand where you stand on this issue, my comment to the OP doesn't change. He has written his comment as if we do not know yet what the combat system will be, but we do. 

I think the game will be great as long as they don't make unnecessary changes to the story and if they can incorporate the materia system into the more action paced combat. 

They talked about that before they took it in house and basically started over.  I think he is hoping that they came to their senses and changed their mind.  

With who they have directing it though... that isn’t going to happen...

Maybe some godsent employee played Persona 5 and went "hey, you know what, turn based is still great!!!" one can only hope.

Shadow1980 said:
At this rate, it's definitely going to be cross-gen. And honestly, I hope the gameplay is still turn-based. I'd hate for it to move to a FFXV-style action game where I just control Cloud while the rest of the party is controlled by AI and I'm just flailing about with barrages of melee attacks with a shallow token magic system. I was excited when they announced the remake, but subsequent developments have made me very worried.

This is exactly how I feel.  It seems like they are doing a bait-and-switch.  "We are going to re-release Final Fantasy VII just like you always wanted.  However we are changing the story and the gameplay."  WTF Square!

Darwinianevolution said:
Carl said:
It will have taken a back seat to Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts.

Expect big things this year.

They still have to port Dragon Quest to the Switch, don't they? They are taking their sweet time for a game it's already done. Why is SE so bad at organizing their schedules and development times?

The delay between the Japanese release of Dragon quest XI and the localized version a few months ago was way longer than usual. I mean it should have only taken 6 months. They had 2 different development teams for the ps4 and 3ds version and we haven't had a mainline dragon quest game for playstation since VIII.

Where every Square mainline entry lingers for 6 to 10 years, development limbo.

Love their games, but cannot understand their business model with mainline entries in FF and KH that take forever to make.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
Its Square, its gona take them like 15 years to release it. It will release eventualy, just nowhere near this year, or the next, or the one after...

This has only happened to 1 game. Not enough to even make it a track record. 

Paperboy_J said:
I hope they make two versions: The big, shiny epic their currently working on, and then a smaller, more modest version more in spirit of the original. Maybe put that version on Switch or something.

Wishful thinking, probably won't happen, but a guy can dream...

You mean FFVII Remake - Pocket Edition?

HoangNhatAnh said:
Paperboy_J said:
I hope they make two versions: The big, shiny epic their currently working on, and then a smaller, more modest version more in spirit of the original. Maybe put that version on Switch or something.

Wishful thinking, probably won't happen, but a guy can dream...

No pls... I mean they can ofc do it but juat drop both versions in every platform...

Its looking like a next gen game.

Clank said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No pls... I mean they can ofc do it but juat drop both versions in every platform...

Who know? This is Square after all. Beside, wait till FFVIIR ep 1 come out for ps4/ps5 first