By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2018 thread

Pagan said:
If Switch is Gen 8 its the best month for the Gen 8.
If its Gen 9 WE have to See If the ps5 and nextbox will sell more than 1.8 Mill.
Gen 9 1.8mill is still good.

What was the previous record for gen 8?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Pretty good Switch number even though it was massively down from my expectation.

I see numbers are finally here.

Everyone did worse then what I expected, but still did good. Overall holiday 2018 was great for the industry.

So did Pokemon technically push more hardware than Smash? Or did the cyber Monday being counted for Nov instead of Dec screw things up?

well a bit below.... but damn these switch numbers!!! The train called switch does not seem to slow down and 2019 will be far greater from 2018!! Cant wait to see how it goes on

Around the Network

Despite all 3 sold little less than expected, PS4 and XB1 are in their 5. year on market so they done OK numbers,
Switch just had best December of hole generation, had best year of 3 and sold more than PS4+XB1 combined in December, so 1.8m is still very good despite didnt sold 2m+ like most people expected.

Those people who thinks Switch sold 2.5mil; lol!

PortisheadBiscuit said:
So did Pokemon technically push more hardware than Smash? Or did the cyber Monday being counted for Nov instead of Dec screw things up?

How could Pokemon push more hardware when it sold more in December?

If you’re talking YOY increases that only because last November there were no Black Friday deals for the switch. 

Smash is a juggernaut. Let’s Go is a wet paper towel. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Well Switch did had MK8D bundle for $299 in November for Black Friday.

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1087466578659012609/photo/1