By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Re2 would've been better with the classic camera

jamesmarkus87 said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
Remake sold 1,4 million
RE0 sold 1,1

Mikami thought the old mechanics were hurting sales and changed the series with 4

4 sold 1,6 million (only 200,000 more than remake)

Mikami left capcom when they decided to port the game to the ps2

4 sold 2,2 million in the ps2

They changed the style and the sales didn't change a lot

Actually, RE4 sold 3.6 million on PS2 and 2.2 million on Wii.

And the fact that RE0 (a new game) sold less than the REmake suggests that the old mechanics weren't working anymore.

According to capcom numbers, it did 2,3 million on ps2

The same number that remake did this gen

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Around the Network

RE0 did a little less than remake back then (and this gen) because the game is a lot worse than remake

It’s like a million times better this way. Some things shouldn’t be changed in classic games, like turn based battles in ff7 (freaking square!!) but changing to real camera angles in a shooting game is an obvious improvement!

twintail said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
But if the camera exists in 2015 with until dawn, that means that the classic camera is not something that belongs in the past

Right?

Wouldn't the camera style aid in horror cinematic feel in re2 as well?

Apples to oranges.

Until Dawn and RE2 are not remotely the same in any way: they don't even play the same. 

Your point was that this kind of camera belongs in the past

re2 and shooter mechanics are like apples and oranges as well...

re2 and re4 don't play the same, and they are using the same gameplay now...

I played the demo again, and I found it easy, 'cause now I can just headshot all the enemies down 

Last edited by HeavenlyWarrior - on 12 January 2019

Disagree, I like the camera angle they went with.

Around the Network

Well...

In the past they used 2d for mario... and even though they can make 3d games, they still make 2d mario games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lYoW3ILxBs

And hackers made it

shikamaru317 said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lYoW3ILxBs

And hackers made it

There you go, looks like you need to buy the PC version so you can download this mod, lol. 

And he could, and be happy with it like modders generally are.

Foir the most part, if you want all the mods for say Skyrim Special edition, or even Vanilla, you'd need a PC in the end. Just like you'd need one for the majority of games out there that support modding. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Classic camera was used to make the graphics look good. The backgrounds were static. Which is why they looked so good back in the day. Even gave you an unintended advantage during gameplay since anything you interact with was a lower resolution. For me, using it now would be too restricting,

HeavenlyWarrior said:
I don't think it was done out of necessity, we had games like siphon filter that had this action aproach, and that we could aim

I don't think the classic camera means it's an old game

Until Dawn uses it and nobody criticizes it....

Until Dawn is not a survival horror action game  in which aiming is pretty crucial since missing too much means in RE2 means getting killed. Until Dawn is a tactical horror game in which you can only can get killed by making a bad choice. The camera worked very well for that type of gameplay. In RE2 I prefer the RE4 camera since it makes you more conected with the protagonists. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar