By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Kevin Fret: Gay rapper shot dead in Puerto Rico aged 24

Ayla said:
I'm in Chicago.

People get shot all the time. It doesn't make the news. Moving on...

Curious logic. 'Murder is so frequent where I live so its not a big deal'.

Doubt that the message you meant to imply but it can be interpreted that way. Wouldn't you rather less, maybe no, people got shot where you live, rather than it being a fact of life in your city?

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
Ayla said:
I'm in Chicago.

People get shot all the time. It doesn't make the news. Moving on...

Curious logic. 'Murder is so frequent where I live so its not a big deal'.

Doubt that the message you meant to imply but it can be interpreted that way. Wouldn't you rather less, maybe no, people got shot where you live, rather than it being a fact of life in your city?

Yeah maybe the people of Chicago should start marching for a better and safer city. When it becomes accepted it becomes normal and usually gets worse. 

Kerotan said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I am from Puerto Rico. The investigation is now aimed at another allegedly extremely popular rapper (whose identity has not been revealed) with whom Kevin Fret seemed to have some business conflicts.

The police are paying attention to his social media posts and are seeking information about his bank accounts.

Hi Abbath, long time no see. 

Is Homophobia as bad in Peurto Rico as they say? 

I think that homophobia in PR isn't as bad compared to the others Latin America countries but it's quite bad compared to the USA or Europe, I think.  

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Parading your sexuality around as if it's something special is part of the reason why people hate homosexuals.

I'm actually disgusted reading this. The reason they parade around like it's something special is because gay people were purged for centuries for being gay. So they are proud to celebrate it. If black people have a celebration I'm not going to hate them for being proud of who they are. 

It sits unwell with me if people are proud of things they had literally no input over. Being proud of your skin color is stupid, being proud of your heritage is stupid, being proud that you breathe air is stupid, being proud of who you like to fuck is stupid, being proud of which country you were born in is stupid. Pride should be applied on personal accomplishments and not things you had literally nothing to do with.

Undeserved pride leads to splitting rather than unification. It leads to oppression and hysteria. Which makes it extra ironic that persecuted minorities are so big on "pride".

Last edited by vivster - on 25 January 2019

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Kerotan said:

Hi Abbath, long time no see. 

Is Homophobia as bad in Peurto Rico as they say? 

I think that homophobia in PR isn't as bad compared to the others Latin America countries but it's quite bad compared to the USA or Europe, I think.  

https://spartacus.gayguide.travel/gaytravelindex_2018.pdf

In this ranking (for travel) Puerto Rico scores slightly better than the US, though it does say that they hava a higher murder rate.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Kerotan said:

I'm actually disgusted reading this. The reason they parade around like it's something special is because gay people were purged for centuries for being gay. So they are proud to celebrate it. If black people have a celebration I'm not going to hate them for being proud of who they are. 

It sits unwell with me if people are proud of things they had literally no input over. Being proud of your skin color is stupid, being proud of your heritage is stupid, being proud that you breathe air is stupid, being proud of who you like to fuck is stupid, being proud of which country you were born in is stupid. Pride should be applied on personal accomplishments and not things you had literally nothing to do with.

Undeserved pride leads to splitting rather than unification. It leads to oppression and hysteria. Which makes it extra ironic that persecuted minorities are so big on "pride".

Well that's where you are wrong. People do have inputs over their skin colour. There is a worrying thrend where an increasing number of black or brown skinned people are trying to make their skin whiter and where white skinned people are trying to make their skin darker. I've always maintained everyone should be proud of how they are born.

Btw there's a reason why so many are proud to be gay or black or Irish. The common denominator is these 3 class of people also suffered hundreds of years of hurt at the hand of their oppressors. Does it annoy you these groups are proud? Well then tough shit because the fault lies with the oppressors. 

Consider me an ignorant fuck, but I thought Latin America was basically gay heaven. I had no idea homophobia was a problem there.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Consider me an ignorant fuck, but I thought Latin America was basically gay heaven. I had no idea homophobia was a problem there.

Homophobia is a problem everywhere sadly, just to different extents.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--