By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Major bug in Mario Kart Wii

Possibly lag? Used to happen to me in Mario Kart Ds. That's the downside to online gaming. A guy with a bad connection can totally ruin a good time.

Around the Network

That's a bad glitch.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

i had this in one out of like 20 games, i came second but it put me first :S i had mixed feelings about it lol!

What color is your connection ball?

There is a cheat All players have to do is one lap and turn around the wrong way once they finish to get an unbeatable race time.

http://kotaku.com/379260/watch-mario-kart-wii-ghost-glitch-cheat 

Around the Network

wow, that is a serious problem, Im a beast when it comes what place I came in mario kart. hopefully they fix it

Nintendo needs more people in quality control.

uh oh - hope a fix arrives soon

MKWii and MK DS both use predictive measures to estimate what your enemies are 'probably' doing at any given time to decrease the amount of bandwidth necessary to play. It's a fairly common practice in online games.

All that happened is that the prediction was a bit off..

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

Larry Lion is TWRoO, it has happened to me also. But mostly has been laging out and saying I came in first, but checked with TWRoO and it says in his records I came in last lol... won Rol 2 times like this xD

My game displays that I lost twice to you, but those were legit. So do your stats show that you already won 4 times against me?

On topic: I had some close finishes with others and the last rank displayed in the race didn't match with the final result (for the better or worse). But since these races were such close calls I trust the game on this. Similar things occured in Double Dash!! multiplayer, it's just that the HUD isn't able to display the position change fast enough, so sometimes it's surprising to see the other player ahead or behind you on the results screen.

And you really suck at Mario Kart, did you take a look at our Vs. record?

29:3 over here, you got a big lead there... lol. Anyways, first time I'm playing Mario Kart, I might be what you call expanded audience.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"