By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie Level in Super Mario Odyssey

NightlyPoe said:

Because you said something silly comparing Sega leaving consoles to Rare leaving Nintendo.  And then have refused to back down by making banal statements about how IPs have value and companies like to keep them.

Problem is, companies like to keep money too and Nintendo was owed compensation.  So it's not like a mythical purchase of Sony.  It's an actual purchase that happened.

My point is, Rare giving up Banjo Kazooie is as silly as Sega giving up Sonic. It makes alot of sense to me regardless of both companies different fallouts. Its not a silly statement, thats why Rare kept there rightfully own IPs, Sega keeping theres and Bungie keeping theres. Im referring to the importance of the IP to the devs. That's why i made the Sega comparison.

Nintendo Owning 49% of Rare might not have included Banjo Kazooie. Or maybe Nintendo didn't have a say in the matter. Maybe the other 51% of Rare over powered Nintendos bargaining agreement. Who bloody knows.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 12 January 2019

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:

Do you seriously not understand that Nintendo was going to profit from the deal one way or another?  Do you not understand that companies don't like parting with cash?  And that Sega didn't owe anyone anything?

All you do is keep repeating that all things considered, companies like keeping stuff.  Sheesh.

Y'know what, whatever.  Don't answer my questions.  Have a good night.  Have your last word where you again state the obvious that Rare would prefer to keep the IP and don't address that a company might consider parting with an IP in order to make a gigantic check somewhat smaller.

Angry much? I answered your post with saying Nintendo probably didnt have a say in trying to take Banjo Kazooie, it was never there IP. They only owned 49% of Rare so there are greater powers at hand here, maybe the other 51% of Rare had a say in the matter. Also i am pretty sure MS would have wanted Banjo Kazooie included in the deal.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 January 2019

Banjo Kazooie was definitely a creation by Rare but dang if they didn't have Nintendo quality written all over them.  I hope we seem them return to form in some way.  That music too... drool.