By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 52 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 24-30, 2018

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep the cliff talk started in 2017 and I too would like to hear what kind of excuses/claims he would come up with.

I can think of a few...

- 2018 was Switch's peak year and it's all downhill from here

- Pokemon Gen 8 won't sell systems cos every Pokemon fan already bought one for Let's Go

- Animal Crossing won't sell systems because I just don't think it will

- Switch will die overnight when PS5/Nextbox are announced

Yep all good ones

Animal Crossing isnt big, it only sells in Japan (ignores that it sold ~6m outside of Japan on DS/3DS)

Smash Bros has every Nintendo character in it so every fan of every Nintendo franchise already got a Switch for Smash

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

One things for certain, Rick certainly left his mark on this forum. A permanent one by the looks of it.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

I can think of a few...

- Pokemon Gen 8 won't sell systems cos every Pokemon fan already bought one for Let's Go

Yep all good ones

Animal Crossing isnt big, it only sells in Japan (ignores that it sold ~6m outside of Japan on DS/3DS)

Smash Bros has every Nintendo character in it so every fan of every Nintendo franchise already got a Switch for Smash

naw my argument would be that i just made a very wrong prediction. after the wiiu i thought people had moved on from nintendo i was convinced in my mind. always said 2018 would be the year that convinced me switch was gonna be big, i think its' its gonna do 90-100 million easy now. nintendo is once again loved by the masses, i was dead wrong, perfect time for my banning lol ;)  anyway my last posting here, had this account a long time to contest my bannings to CGI, peace.

macbookman said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep all good ones

naw my argument would be that i just made a very wrong prediction. after the wiiu i thought people had moved on from nintendo i was convinced in my mind. always said 2018 would be the year that convinced me switch was gonna be big, i think its' its gonna do 90-100 million easy now. nintendo is once again loved by the masses, i was dead wrong, perfect time for my banning lol ;)  anyway my last posting here, had this account a long time to contest my bannings to CGI, peace.

Farewell young Rick, may you find peace in the afterchartz (vgchartz afterlife)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

macbookman said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep all good ones

Lmao

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Eagle367 said:

But when will it fall off a cliff DAMN IT!

I've been promised that it will fall of a cliff for months now on this site and I am still waiting

Actually I think it's been more than a year, IIRC quickrick's infamous prophecy about Switch falling off a cliff in 2018 came late in 2017.

I almost miss the guy sometimes, would've been interesting to see what absurd claims he'd have made next. It was always something; after the cliff it became Switch won't win any NPD in 2018, Switch's holidays will be flat YOY despite Smash, Smash will sell only 8-10 million lifetime, etc.

Yeah, he expected that 2018 sales would fall off a cliff compared to 2017, and when that didn't materialize he explained that with fall off a cliff he meant essentially flat

If he hadstill been around and used that phrase again, I would have countered that Cliff Blezinski tripped and his Switch fell out of his hands, thus making it true: It then fell off a Cliff, right

curl-6 said: 
zorg1000 said: 

Yep the cliff talk started in 2017 and I too would like to hear what kind of excuses/claims he would come up with.

I can think of a few...

I think remembering him saying something like Animal Crossing won't sell because the Wii U game (which is an universally hated spinoff) didn't sell, but that could have been someone else, too

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 10 January 2019

Switch is unstoppable

nero said:
From resetERA
"Dengeki Switch hardware numbers:
Week 50 309885
Week 51 311402
Week 52 199609
Week 1 247914 (!)
"
Holy boy!!! It's a 25% increase. Nintendo is getting new year's eve money lol

What a good boy the Switch is! Fantastic sales to start the year! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

macbookman said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep all good ones

Now this is the closure we deserved, 

Farewell, 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

macbookman said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep all good ones

Fair play to you for coming around. I was very wrong about the Switch as well; if you'd asked me in February 2017 I would've said it would sell less than 20 million lifetime. The Wii U left me extremely pessimistic.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 January 2019