By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's paid online service continues to disappoint

Maybe Nintendo should consider increasing the price to improve the service in general ?

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Maybe Nintendo should consider increasing the price to improve the service in general ?

The current price should be enough for a far better service. The NES games are literally the only thing you're paying for.

mZuzek said:

The current price should be enough for a far better service. The NES games are literally the only thing you're paying for.

It's not even about the games from some of the complaints I hear about ... 

It's the basic connectivity functionality that they should get right ... 

mZuzek said:

It's not even about the games from some of the complaints I hear about ... 

It's the basic connectivity functionality that they should get right ... 

The thing with the online is that they didn't even try. It's not that they got actual servers that didn't improve the online enough - it's that they never got servers in the first place, essentially charging us for the same P2P online they've had for ages, which as far as I know costs little to no money to maintain. And exactly zero online functionalities were added (still can't even send people god damn messages). It's a whole new level of laziness.

mZuzek said:

The thing with the online is that they didn't even try. It's not that they got actual servers that didn't improve the online enough - it's that they never got servers in the first place, essentially charging us for the same P2P online they've had for ages, which as far as I know costs little to no money to maintain. And exactly zero online functionalities were added (still can't even send people god damn messages). It's a whole new level of laziness.

Maybe increasing the price could motivate them to get shit done ?

Around the Network

It's a good thing i don't ever plan on playing online with the switch. I'd be pretty disappointed at that offering.

mZuzek said:

Maybe increasing the price could motivate them to get shit done ?

Hell no, it's Nintendo. I'd take a price raise after they can prove they're gonna make the online better, not before it. At the moment the low price (paying $4 yearly on a shared family plan) is the only thing making this whole fiasco borderline acceptable.

Wait.... It's p2p connection?

mZuzek said:

Hell no, it's Nintendo. I'd take a price raise after they can prove they're gonna make the online better, not before it. At the moment the low price (paying $4 yearly on a shared family plan) is the only thing making this whole fiasco borderline acceptable.

What would make the service more acceptable is if they had better offerings than NES games so something has to eventually give because slapping a low price tag means you getting a lower value in the end ...

Who wants to pay for no added functionality or very old games that are only available for a month ? With XLG and PS+ there is something in each that does better than the others. With XBL, a lot of Microsoft's own content offers online functionality but it gets better since they offer "backwards compatibility" games in their GwG program too and PS+ offers an amazing desirable selection of both high quality and valuable modern content all the while the Switch Online doesn't excel in anything ... 

Heck, offering cloud games bi-monthly or at least per quarter would make the Switch Online a lot more attractive than it is now ... 

Calculators these days are able to emulate NES games. I don't see why anyone would pay good money for some random NES games each month.

Isn't Nintendo's paid online service meant to actually improve online functionality, like dedicated servers, reduced lag, more and better communication options, etc?