By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom Nintendo Switch version outsold all other version 8 to 1.

Tagged games:

That's highly impressive!

When I get a Switch for i.a. Pokémon 2019, it'll probably be my place for indies as well as I like being able to play those on the go.

Around the Network

Switch looks like a good place for Indie games.

they deserve it, really fun game.

Considering how they've prioritized Switch over everyone else, it comes at no surprise to see how it sells so well.

Now they should just seal the deal and just remain exclusive to Switch, because it's obvious that those devs have not shown much care for their other user bases over the psst few years.

Edit: Just decided to check Steam to see how it's doing there, and found out that they're not even selling it there just yet....

Bravo devs, bravo.

Last edited by Chazore - on 08 January 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That's really good to hear, I'm glad they've found success with this game. I thought it was gonna tank, Switch really is a great platform for indies that's for sure.

Around the Network

Indie games just feel really good on a handheld. Being lower budget, they feel a natural fit for those of us used to handheld games not looking as big budget as their console counterparts. They also tend to be the sort of game to benefit a lot from the flexibility of play style the Switch's switching offers. Nintendo eShop on Switch creates this sort of nostalgic market experience where you can buy a decent quality game that feels like the level of quality you're accustomed to with a portable console, but for prices you haven't seen even from the major publishers' budget titles in years if not decades. Remember when you could go to the store and buy a $20 Game Boy game? Those days are kind of back now. It feels good. Combine that with Nintendo's typically nostalgic audience and indie developer's similar affinity for designing games with nostalgic aesthetics and gameplay styles, and you have a recipe to get a lot of gamers buying a lot of indie games.

The game deserves big sales wherever it can find them. One of the best of the year.

If Switch got more big AAA games like Big Chungus, then indie games wouldn't sell on the platform. Indie devs should consider themselves lucky that Nintendo don't have good third party relations.

Awesome game. Well deserved.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
If Switch got more big AAA games like Big Chungus, then indie games wouldn't sell on the platform. Indie devs should consider themselves lucky that Nintendo don't have good third party relations.

Don't hold your breath, Big Chungus is a PS4, Xbox One timed exclusive. It should be announced for Switch in the rumored Direct.