By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Slightly Mad Studios’ CEO Reveals Details on Their New Console

Nate4Drake said:
JRPGfan said:

"theres always a first time for everybody"

Thats right, but if the price of entry to make a "good" attempt, is too high.
Then without the right backing, you can only make halfarsed attempts doomed to fail and end up costing you money, and makeing a bad product.

Thats why just saying "theres a first time for everyone" isnt right in this situation.
Its not about trying and learning from it, its about this wont even give them a learning experiance, but most likely ruin them as a company, while giveing a product that ll only end up feeling like they cheated the people that buy it (like ouya).

Unless you can make a serious attempt at entry into the console market, you shouldnt do it (imo).
This isnt a serious attempt, they are doomed to fail from the start, and will most likely end up bankrupt, and selling people a expensive console that does little to nothing.

I am the first to be very skeptical, and I wouldn't bet a penny on it, given the competition.

But a part of me would like a new competitor in the Market, and I would like Sega back, but I know it's just a dream.

Apple, Samsung, Google.... and a maybe a handfull of others, could make such a attempt and endup as big as Xbox or Playstation.

Slight Mad Studios?

They want to make a expensive "super" console, thats heavily VR focused.... this is a doomed project.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

I am the first to be very skeptical, and I wouldn't bet a penny on it, given the competition.

But a part of me would like a new competitor in the Market, and I would like Sega back, but I know it's just a dream.

Ah the good old days. I was just a kid then but i was in the nintendo camp and I hated sega (damn them to hell for having blood in MK but we didnt get it on nintendo)

Hell I would like them t make a console again just so I can see them lose again. I love their games though... go figure. Still waiting for current gen Shinobi and virtua fighter. And to hell with them for not having made vanquish 2.

JRPGfan said:
Nate4Drake said:

Apple, Samsung, Google.... and a maybe a handfull of others, could make such a attempt and endup as big as Xbox or Playstation.

Slight Mad Studios?

They want to make a expensive "super" console, thats heavily VR focused.... this is a doomed project.

Yep.   When I said "there's a first time for everyone", I meant SOMEONE who knows what he is doing :) 

Ian Bell, CEO and founder of Slightly Mad Studios claimed that "Mad Box" has multiple investors to make this project Real !  

First images of Mad Box :

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/04/heres-a-first-look-at-the-mad-box-console

Who are these investors ?  Maybe one of the Company you mentioned ?  Who knows... :)

Last edited by Nate4Drake - on 04 January 2019

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Need for speed shift and Project cars aren't stellar games, so what would I expect of a VR console that's confusing the heck out of me with 60 fps per eye. It better be 120 fps per eye like PSVR (doubled or not).

When MS entered the console business they lost 4 billion on the XBox, no clue how much they invested in total to get it off the ground. Good luck slightly mad!

Wait, it's 3.5 years away and will have the tech of a very fast PC in 2 years. So an average PC when it actually launches?

Normally I would think this is absolute madness (ha) and the dumbest idea they could possibly think of but the soulja game was a thing last week so I've started off 2019 completely numb to stupid bs

Around the Network

Why do I have a feeling that, if this launches, it will just be a costume PC? There is no way they have the capital to develop a true console.

This is the guy who lied through his teeth for months about Project Cars running on WiiU......

walterbates said:

Slightly Mad Studios is the group behind “Project CARS 2” and “Need for Speed: Shift.” 

More like Need for Speed: Shit. It was an unfinished game with broken drifting.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Hopefully when they receive the PS5 and Next Xbox dev kits they'll realise that this doesn't make any sense.

What's with the sudden influx of new console makers? Also, will this outsell the SouljaBoy?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.