By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 December 2018 (Smash Week)

Microsoft is already way in decline. You think just releasing another 4K capable system is going to change that? As I stated, Sony will still be successful their numbers will be down. Because the jump from PS4 Pro wont be big enough except for hardcore Sony gamers. Even if the systems are 8K capable, 8K TV’s are years off from being mainstream. By 2020 4K will just be hitting mainstream. Its simple economics and technology knowledge doesnt require evidence. Its a projection based on market knowledge.

Around the Network

And I admitted I could be wrong its an opinion, but its definitely not based on zero. Microsoft hasn’t been very successful buying up software companies with the exception of Minecraft. Actually they single handhedly killed Rare and Silicon Knights.

SKMBlake said:
The Switch made a huge week and people be like "yeah PS4 is a beast"

Well, it is.

And that takes nothing away from the Switch.

SKMBlake said:
The Switch made a huge week and people be like "yeah PS4 is a beast"

gotta downplay switch and nintendo somehow. 

switch killed it though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

drinkandswim said:
Microsoft is already way in decline. You think just releasing another 4K capable system is going to change that? As I stated, Sony will still be successful their numbers will be down. Because the jump from PS4 Pro wont be big enough except for hardcore Sony gamers. Even if the systems are 8K capable, 8K TV’s are years off from being mainstream. By 2020 4K will just be hitting mainstream. Its simple economics and technology knowledge doesnt require evidence. Its a projection based on market knowledge.

So you think the only reason people upgrade consoles is because of resolution?

Also Microsoft did not kill Rare or Silicon, they never even owned Silicon and Rare just released a successful new IP in Sea of Thieves last year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Hey listen we will see maybe you will be right. And yes Nintendo is currently eating big time into Microsofts Market share. And its also eating into Sony’s market share in Japan. If you dont think it has any impact I think you are absolutely wrong. But absolutely companies also have some control over their own fate. Save this prediction. Microsofts next system will be their last.

I would love to see them succeed. Absolutely love their systems for shooting games. It will be sad to see them go.

drinkandswim said:
Hey listen we will see maybe you will be right. And yes Nintendo is currently eating big time into Microsofts Market share. And its also eating into Sony’s market share in Japan. If you dont think it has any impact I think you are absolutely wrong. But absolutely companies also have some control over their own fate. Save this prediction. Microsofts next system will be their last.

Again making statements with nothing to back them up. In what way has Switch been eating into Sony/Microsoft's market? In order for that to be true than they would need to be having large declines since Switch launched, instead they have held stable or at worst had minor declines which is expected from 5 year old systems.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

2016 Microsoft
Hardware Sales 8.4 million
Software sales 67 million
2017 hardware 7.7
Software 54 million
We dont have complete numbers for 2018 yet but it looks like PS4 will be down around 10%.

Its only going to get worse in 2019 and 2020.