By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 December 2018 (Smash Week)

Pretty good week for the ps4

Around the Network

PS4 numbers are good. Not impressive. They are on pace to be down from last year. But the numbers are nothing unexpected. Whereas Switch was expected to fail by many and now actually Sony and Microsoft are in trouble for next generation. Especially Microsoft.

drinkandswim said:
PS4 numbers are good. Not impressive. They are on pace to be down from last year. But the numbers are nothing unexpected. Whereas Switch was expected to fail by many and now actually Sony and Microsoft are in trouble for next generation. Especially Microsoft.

How exactly are Sony & Microsoft in trouble?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
drinkandswim said:

By 2020 (when PS5 and X2 launch) Switch will have close to a 70 million install base and most likely a Switch lite costing only $150. Unless they have an amazing Launch lineup I dont see how they gain traction. Neither system is going to have much to offer above PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Now at least Sony has a long list of great exclusives so i expect PS5 will sell decent but def not as well as PS4.

Of Course I dont have a crystal ball. I am assuming that Switch will sell 20 million the next two years and that Nintendo will be smart enough to release a revision or 2. Then I dont see what Sony and Microsoft do unless they have a stacked launch lineup, which is possible.

Around the Network
drinkandswim said:
zorg1000 said:

By 2020 (when PS5 and X2 launch) Switch will have close to a 70 million install base and most likely a Switch lite costing only $150. Unless they have an amazing Launch lineup I dont see how they gain traction. Neither system is going to have much to offer above PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Now at least Sony has a long list of great exclusives so i expect PS5 will sell decent but def not as well as PS4.

Who cares? When Switch launched PS4+XBO had a 80+ million install base and it had no affect on Switch.

There is literally zero reason to believe Switch will harm PS5/XB4, their success/failure depends on what Sony/Microsoft do, not Nintendo.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

drinkandswim said:
Of Course I dont have a crystal ball. I am assuming that Switch will sell 20 million the next two years and that Nintendo will be smart enough to release a revision or 2. Then I dont see what Sony and Microsoft do unless they have a stacked launch lineup, which is possible.

PS/XB consoles sell primarily on the strength of AAA western 3rd party titles and there is no doubt at all that PS5/XB4 will get those.

It doesnt matter if I am right or wrong just stating my opinion. As a Microsoft supporter I dont think they survive
next generation unless they can improve their AAA Exclusives. Sony will survive but their numbers will be way down. Gaming is just moving towards more mobile. Now maybe Sony or Microsoft will have a hybrid. We will see then my opinion changes.

I have also owned three Sony systems. PS, PS2 and PS3. So you know im just stating my opinion of the gaming industry direction.

drinkandswim said:

It doesnt matter if I am right or wrong just stating my opinion. As a Microsoft supporter I dont think they survive
next generation unless they can improve their AAA Exclusives. Sony will survive but their numbers will be way down. Gaming is just moving towards more mobile. Now maybe Sony or Microsoft will have a hybrid. We will see then my opinion changes.

Stating opinions are fine but they kinda need to be backed up by something and that's something you arent doing.

You say Microsoft wont last next gen without improving AAA exclusives, did you miss the news of them buying 7 studios last year?

You say Sony will be way down but give literally zero reasons why outside of gaming moving towards mobile.

Mobile has been growing at a massive rate for the last decade yet PS4+XBO are still way ahead of PS3+360, mobile has had no notable affect on PS/XB home consoles.

Like I said, stating your opinion is fine but if it's not backed up by anything than it's better just left unsaid.