By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Switch may be getting support from EA's Frostbite Engine

XD84 said:
I would only care for a NHL game on the Switch. Even if it is not Frostbite.

Agreed. I haven't had any of them since the PS2 days, and I am pretty sure they were the 2K versions.....I at least feel like the were. Haven't looked at them in ages.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

EA has nothing to offer Switch owners at this point. Some quick cash in ports doesn't sound great.

I really don't know what I would want from ea on the switch. Port over the mass effect trilogy then I really couldn't care less if they never touch the switch again

For me, Mass Effect, battlefield 1 and V, battlefront 2, Titanfall 2, Mirror's Edge.

Please stay away EA. Everything you touch turns to shit.

Around the Network

Edit: nope I was wrong

Last edited by Luke888 - on 01 January 2019

Remember when the lack of support from EA was enough to all but doom the Dreamcast and Wii U from the word go? How times have changed...

OlfinBedwere said:
Remember when the lack of support from EA was enough to all but doom the Dreamcast and Wii U from the word go? How times have changed...

Wii U failing had nothing to do with EA

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
OlfinBedwere said:

Wii U failing had nothing to do with EA

The "unprecedented partnership" and the Origin-WiiU boycott was definitively a factor for the console's failure, though not the biggest one.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yeah, the Wii U's failure was probably more down it being arguably the worst-designed console ever produced by a major manufacturer, but the lack of support from EA helped ensure the other major western developers wouldn't take it seriously.