By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Switch may be getting support from EA's Frostbite Engine

Apparently a listing on EA's LinkedIn page is indicating they are currently working to bring official support on Switch for its Frostbite Engine.

If you don't know,EA has brought to Switch only two games,both Fifa games,and both running on Switch using its own engine build for the ground up for the platform. If this is true,that could means more EA games could come in the future.

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/01/01/rumour-eas-frostbite-engine-apparently-now-supports-nintendo-switch/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

I JUST WANT SIMCITY OR AND SIMS 4!!!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Battlefield V has been a "failure" (it has sold much worse than they wanted), and their stokes have been falling through 2018 to almost half what they were at the end of 2017. They probably want to try to launch more games on Switch to increase their sales and appease investors.

It's only a matter of waiting to see which games they do launch on Switch (I doubt Anthem will be one, but Madden is likely).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Actually (I like to be the "achtchually" guy), they released 3 games so Far, Fifa 18, Fifa 19 and Fe.

But yeah, if they do that, they'll prove they're the worst. Waiting almost 2 years and 30+ millions units sold to consider the Switch is kind of a clunky support (can't be worse than now I suppose)

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 01 January 2019

Madden would be cool.

What else I don't know. Haven't played an EA game in years lol.

Around the Network

It would be like playing on PC 1080p with settings to low or 720p on medium, so unless they make a switch exclusive it sounds not attractive...

ResilientFighter said:
It would be like playing on PC 1080p with settings to low or 720p on medium, so unless they make a switch exclusive it sounds not attractive...

It depends on what games. Games like Sims 4 can run and still look good. Maybe the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare games can work

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ResilientFighter said:

It is nice to get multiplats on the platform of your choice. On the Switch the portability do add a lot for many people. More games on your system is always a good thing,if someone wants to play that game it is good that the game is available for him.

That said,is weird how they still haven't brought The Sims 3 and Madden to Switch already,even if they build from the ground like they did with Fifa.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I would only care for a NHL game on the Switch. Even if it is not Frostbite.

Sims on console is a pointless release, always was. Was made for PC which has a gazillion more content.