By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch still bending in end of 2018 ?

One of my little relative got a Nintendo Switch yesterday. I don't have myself the thing so I can not judge, this unit was only the 2nd I see in my life.

Because he is only 6 years old I was in charge of installing the console and teach how to play.

Here is the bending of the console after less than an hour of playing, and I have not checked how it was before I turn it ON.

In addition of this we have a defect Mario Odysee which crashes everytime within 10min max. We have to get the game replaced somehow.

Around the Network

Completly new. So you are telling me that yours is not bending at all ?

I find that so weird, I have personally bought 6 switches(different bundles/wanting the colours/for my partner) and not once had a problem like this, nor have I had a issue with a game

It's a thing. My launch NS is slightly bend. Like 1 mm or so but never proved an issue for any switch usage.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

The consoles do not bend, nor have they ever bent in the past. They came from the factory like that and it is quite common. I agree this should not still be happening, but at least acknowledge the real problem. There is a big difference between a cosmetic defect out of the box and a heat issue where the console actually warps. The people who used to think they were bending likely had not looked at it while it was still fresh out of the box, and only noticed it later on.

This was confirmed by people who bought them new and found that they were indeed slightly bent from the factory.  The fact that it looks like that after only an hour of play also suggests that this is the case. Sucks about Mario Odyssey though. Hope you get a replacement for it that does not crash.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Amnesia said:

A console bending is what it is, a malfunctioning product, it needs to get replaced/fixed,

and it is not a normal or common thing, this question (at bold) you made is something that really surprised me!

I don’t know if you already tested the game you replaced to see if the problem persists, and if it does, my guess is that the fan/cooler on the console is not working, what causes the cpu to overheat and crashes the game. Causing the bending too.

Dand said:
Amnesia said:

A console bending is what it is, a malfunctioning product, it needs to get replaced/fixed,

and it is not a normal or common thing, this question (at bold) you made is something that really surprised me!

I don’t know if you already tested the game you replaced to see if the problem persists, and if it does, my guess is that the fan/cooler on the console is not working, what causes the cpu to overheat and crashes the game. Causing the bending too.

I have played more than a hour straight with Super Mario Party and Splatoon, both docked and undocked, they work perfectly. Only Odysee crashes after max 10-12min. Then the console refuses to detect the cartdrige. then I play some Splatoon or Mario Party, later if I try again Odysee, the game will launch, and crash again after 10min.

I have performed every updates for every games, console and joycon.

i dont know what to tell you. i own two Switches and have not noticed a bend on either of them. and they have both been exposed to temperatures as low as 40 degrees and as high as 100 for extended periods of time. i would sum it up to be a manufacturing defect.

My got bended this summer, I assume it's due to the heat. I've had my Switch for over a year, and I'm 200% certain that it's wasn't bended before.

The bending can be an issue if you want to play it docked (mine would get scratched if I'd try that), but if you don't it isn't really a big deal.

Shiken said:

The consoles do not bend, nor have they ever bent in the past. They came from the factory like that and it is quite common. I agree this should not still be happening, but at least acknowledge the real problem. There is a big difference between a cosmetic defect out of the box and a heat issue where the console actually warps. The people who used to think they were bending likely had not looked at it while it was still fresh out of the box, and only noticed it later on.

This was confirmed by people who bought them new and found that they were indeed slightly bent from the factory.  The fact that it looks like that after only an hour of play also suggests that this is the case. Sucks about Mario Odyssey though. Hope you get a replacement for it that does not crash.

You sure? Because I'd assume a manufacturing issue like this wouldn't be so consistent across the board. It may not be "normal" but it certainly seems to happen a lot. I found out mine was slightly bent earlier this year.