By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch still bending in end of 2018 ?

SpokenTruth said:
Was this a used console? If it's new, it's under warranty and they will replace it.

Ah shit. Do those only last for one year? I should have used the warranty then! Then again mine isn't bent that badly, and this was before saves carried over from one Switch to another

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Shiken said:

The consoles do not bend, nor have they ever bent in the past. They came from the factory like that and it is quite common. I agree this should not still be happening, but at least acknowledge the real problem. There is a big difference between a cosmetic defect out of the box and a heat issue where the console actually warps. The people who used to think they were bending likely had not looked at it while it was still fresh out of the box, and only noticed it later on.

This was confirmed by people who bought them new and found that they were indeed slightly bent from the factory.  The fact that it looks like that after only an hour of play also suggests that this is the case. Sucks about Mario Odyssey though. Hope you get a replacement for it that does not crash.

You sure? Because I'd assume a manufacturing issue like this wouldn't be so consistent across the board. It may not be "normal" but it certainly seems to happen a lot. I found out mine was slightly bent earlier this year. 

I know a few people who had a bend in theirs out of the box.  I noticed I had one too when the issue went viral and I checked it out.  I got mine on launch day and to this day I have not had it bend anymore than it already was when I discovered it.  After seeing others get theirs out of the box like that, I can only conclude that mine was too.

Fact is, no one has presented any real before and after proof that they are bending due to heat.  Just people that notice a bend months later, but never really looked at it before hand.  So as far as I am concerned, they seem to be like this out of the box until solid proof has shown me otherwise.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

You sure? Because I'd assume a manufacturing issue like this wouldn't be so consistent across the board. It may not be "normal" but it certainly seems to happen a lot. I found out mine was slightly bent earlier this year. 

I know a few people who had a bend in theirs out of the box.  I noticed I had one too when the issue went viral and I checked it out.  I got mine on launch day and to this day I have not had it bend anymore than it already was when I discovered it.  After seeing others get theirs out of the box like that, I can only conclude that mine was too.

Fact is, no one has presented any real before and after proof that they are bending due to heat.  Just people that notice a bend months later, but never really looked at it before hand.  So as far as I am concerned, they seem to be like this out of the box until solid proof has shown me otherwise.

Hm that actually makes sense, since mine hasn't been bent worse as far as I know. 

Although some of these bends are so drastic, I find it odd that they wouldn't notice beforehand xD

Shiken said:

I have no pictures to prove it (because, why would anyone take pictures from the side of their Switch?), but I can say that I'm absolutely certain that my Switch got bended a year after I got it. It's so obviously visibile and tangable whenever I pick it up, there's no way I didn't notice that before. It also happened right in the middle of the heat wave, so it makes perfectly sense.

Flilix said:
Shiken said:

I have no pictures to prove it (because, why would anyone take pictures from the side of their Switch?), but I can say that I'm absolutely certain that my Switch got bended a year after I got it. It's so obviously visibile and tangable whenever I pick it up, there's no way I didn't notice that before. It also happened right in the middle of the heat wave, so it makes perfectly sense.

It is possible that there are some defects due to heat and some bent out of the box.  At the very least, it seems like most of them are factory problems and arrive that way from what I can tell.  I can only speak cor what I have seen and concluded in my own research, but anything is possible.  Just because we have not seen proof that some may have bent, does not mean that none of them are I suppose.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Mine has been very slightly bent for over a year and it's never impacted its function. I don't think it's a problem, but you should get a replacement if it'll make you feel more at ease.

That's just Nintendo being too Apple-like.

Well i looked at mind

i hardly play it and it has that. never noticed it that much till you pointed it out. never cared. Figured it was them being hipster by curving it a little