By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Switch Sell 2 Million This December? (NPD)

Will Switch Sell 2 Million This December in the US?

Yes 92 74.19%

No 32 25.81%

Total:124
Shadow1980 said:
zorg1000 said:

Could you do one for best Nov+Dec combined?

The Switch ought to sell enough in December to put its total holiday period sales this year well above 3 million, which would put it in the Top 10.

Thank you! The most surprising thing to me is how strong PS1+N64 were back in the late 90s, I knew they did good but not that good.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Shadow1980 said:

The Switch ought to sell enough in December to put its total holiday period sales this year well above 3 million, which would put it in the Top 10.

I think it has a chance to reach top 5.

I think it will just miss the top 5, I'm going with ~3.5 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

SpokenTruth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I think it will be just a little bit shy of 2m. Probably in the 1.8-1.9m range.

It did 1.6 million last year.  Do you really expect that small of an increase given everything we've heard?

hmmm...I had down it had sold 1.2m last year, which I see now is off.  Making an adjustment I think it will be 2.2m this December.

Yea nov + dec I expect something like 3.3 3.5M

I don't think it will. 1.7-1.8m is what im thinking.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:
I don't think it will. 1.7-1.8m is what im thinking.

It did 1.6 million last year.  That's all the increase you are expecting?

Yeah. Cyber Monday was in November this year and Switch had better deals/bundles in November too. 

jason1637 said:
SpokenTruth said:

It did 1.6 million last year.  That's all the increase you are expecting?

Yeah. Cyber Monday was in November this year and Switch had better deals/bundles in November too. 

Mat from NPD recently said that people are blowing Cyber Monday's impact out of proportion and Benji who has a very good track record is saying Switch is up comfortably from last year and that 2m+ isnt a lock but seems very likely.

zorg1000 said:
jason1637 said:

Mat from NPD recently said that people are blowing Cyber Monday's impact out of proportion and Benji who has a very good track record is saying Switch is up comfortably from last year and that 2m+ isnt a lock but seems very likely.

1.7-18m is still pretty close to 2m and even though cyber monday might nto be as big as we think it's still one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday/year.

jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:

1.7-18m is still pretty close to 2m and even though cyber monday might nto be as big as we think it's still one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday/year.

MatP said: The impact of Cyber Monday on gaming is way overblown to begin with imo.

Benji said: Switch is very likely to do 2+ million this month now.

You could be right but these 2 are our best look at the US market and they are going against what you are saying.

Shadow1980 said:
zorg1000 said:

Could you do one for best Nov+Dec combined?

And looks like if it does, it's gonna beat the PS4's best holiday season (2015, just north of 3M)

Also interesting to see that the PS4 has been on a decline in the holiday sales ever since that year, though 2017 was really juuuust below 2016. Also, the complete absence of the PS3 in this chart

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 24 December 2018