By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which do you think is the better JRPG as a whole, Xenoblade 2 or Octopath?

These two are the main exclusive JRPGs available so far for the Switch, aren´t they?....which one has given you more fun?

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and it's not even close.

Although I do find Octopath Traveler to have a more appealing art style.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Played about 30 hours of Octopath but then just stopped. Xenoblade on the other hand 300 hours and i want more.

Mar1217 said:
Torna > Octopath = Xenoblade 2

So basically, it is still XB2 > Octopath

Oh, Xenoblade 2 for sure, loved that game. I played Octopath for about 10 hours, and it get's really stale. Nothing to do or look at at all, really.

Around the Network

Havnt played either, but Xenoblade 2 looks like a vastly bigger rpg than octopath.
Bigger budget, bigger game.... I think its safe to assume most people would vote for Xenoblade 2.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, all parts of it

Oh, Xenoblade 2 for sure, loved that game. I played Octopath for about 10 hours, and it get's really stale. Nothing to do or look at at all, really.

Loved both, but I hold XC2 in higer regards.

You don't have to wait for Octopath to get good. Combat system is instantly gratifying and continues to progress.

In the long run Xenoblade 2 is better - but the first 20-30 hours of gameplay are a real hassle to level everyone up to the point where you can do interesting and fun driver combos. Biggest mark against Xenoblade 2 up to that point is that your art usage generally doesn't make a difference in battle. Torna did a good job of speeding up that progression though. 

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016