By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spider-Man Is The Fastest Selling Superhero Game In The US

GOWTLOZ said:
melbye said:

I disagree that just because the two games are similar from a game-mechanics perspective then you have to like both. They are both very different from a content point of view. Tone of both games is also widely different.

The tonality is different but then if having a serious and grounded story is boring to you just because its serious shows a lack of depth of character. I like fun stories and characters too but if everything was like a Marvel film I'd stop playing games because that to me would get boring for its lack of depth.

That's just a matter of preference, and in my opinion there isn't a wrong preference in relation to gaming. And fyi serious and grounded does not equal depth

Around the Network

The final DLC just came out. I hear it's the best of the lot.

GOWTLOZ said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
It damn well better be. Game is awesome and not as boring as the Batman games were.

Batman games were boring? Damn you got no taste. They were the pinnacle of good game design.

I have great taste, they just don't align with your point of view. I'll stick to they're boring though. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

How are the numbers, currently ? digital/retail, ca. ?

Replicant said:

The downplaying in this thread is through the roof.

Using the "My PS4 Life" videos, Gamestat has discovered that 8.9 mill profiles have played Spider-Man and that's with all the bundles and games still waiting to be unwrapped for Christmast. The actual sales number will of course be lower but everything is pointing towards a huge success. Can't wait to have solid numbers.

So in the end, the actual number was pretty much spot on.

Spider-Man had sold more than 9 million copies worldwide by November 25, 2018 (link).

Around the Network
Replicant said:
Replicant said:

The downplaying in this thread is through the roof.

Using the "My PS4 Life" videos, Gamestat has discovered that 8.9 mill profiles have played Spider-Man and that's with all the bundles and games still waiting to be unwrapped for Christmast. The actual sales number will of course be lower but everything is pointing towards a huge success. Can't wait to have solid numbers.

So in the end, the actual number was pretty much spot on.

Spider-Man had sold more than 9 million copies worldwide by November 25, 2018 (link).

And will certainly cross 10M by end of fiscal year. Fantastic sale for 12 months.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Maybe ca 10 Million Units, currently.

I said this in a thread one month before the launch

"4M 1st week worldwide (I expect 5m shipped games at launch), 6M 1st month, 10M before year ends. Probably between 15-20M lifetime."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8868932

So i was very close in the end (like i usually am, despite some recent opinions on the contrary...XD). I was just too much in the launch, but i have clear number in my mind it would sell 10M by years end.

Simply put its am amazing game which will sell about the same as the ps3 and x360 version of the best batman game combined ( indication of userbase and target audience ) without the bundles and those are pushing it easily past that number.
Major succes! If we get a spiderman 2 i expect a bit lower sales but still more then the highest selling arkham

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KazumaKiryu said:
Maybe ca 10 Million Units, currently.

Its atleast 11m imo by now in early jan (1 week of november + all december + 1 week of jan = atleast 2m+ more sales)

Spiderman is gonna end up more than 15m lifetime sales it looks like.