By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spider-Man Is The Fastest Selling Superhero Game In The US

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Kerotan said:

That doesn't include bundles which there were lots of in november. Does it include digital? 

Digital included and the bundle doesn't count since it contributes nothing to the software revenue.

Grand so it's overall sales are even higher with the bundles and all we know is it was between 2.6m and 3.3m so we can't simple settle with 2.6m. What a beast this game is.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
Kerotan said:

That doesn't include bundles which there were lots of in november. Does it include digital? 

Yes, NPD tracks digital sales for Sony games. Besides, it's not exactly 2'6M either, was 2'6M+ because it was said that Spiderman was closer to Halo's record 3'3M than God of War 1'9M, so people considered it sold more than 2'6M (half). Later Matt Piscatella confirmed Spiderman had sold more than Smash Brawl, and if remember correctly, it was almost 2'7M for that game.

My estimation wasn't taking SMP first month into the consideration so 2nd and 3rd month are probably lower than 800k ranged for SMP and much lower for Spiderman. 

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
colafitte said:

Yes, NPD tracks digital sales for Sony games. Besides, it's not exactly 2'6M either, was 2'6M+ because it was said that Spiderman was closer to Halo's record 3'3M than God of War 1'9M, so people considered it sold more than 2'6M (half). Later Matt Piscatella confirmed Spiderman had sold more than Smash Brawl, and if remember correctly, it was almost 2'7M for that game.

My estimation wasn't taking SMP first month into the consideration so 2nd and 3rd month are probably lower than 800k ranged for SMP and much lower for Spiderman. 

Yes, Spiderman did not sold that great during October and November in USA (without BF bundles i mean). But still, without bundles..., I guess Spiderman should be around....3'6-3'7M at the end of November. 

This reminds me. I still need to finish this game. I'm off work for the next 6-8 weeks so I should have plenty of time to finish it and the other games in my backlog.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

siebensus4 said:
I wasn't aware of that "superhero game" is a genre... I guess Labo is the fastest selling "kids toy simulation game" then... Nintendo should make some PR like Insomniac does... :P

You know this isn't actually a bad idea. Would be a good way to boost up Labo xD

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I really like this game, but the "fastest selling" title seems kind of arbitrary now that we are several months after release. This is the sort of designation that makes more sense at launch or maybe one month after launch. After that what matters is "best selling". I want to know when Spider-Man becomes the "best selling super hero game". That will actually be an accomplishment.

Not surprising. We will see if it can top The Last Of Us' number (18 M)

Keiji said:
Not surprising. We will see if it can top The Last Of Us' number (18 M)

I think it would need a PS5 port for that to happen, 10+ million should be possible though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CGI-Quality said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I really like this game, but the "fastest selling" title seems kind of arbitrary now that we are several months after release. This is the sort of designation that makes more sense at launch or maybe one month after launch. After that what matters is "best selling". I want to know when Spider-Man becomes the "best selling super hero game". That will actually be an accomplishment.

It is an accomplishment. If/when it becomes the best selling Superhero game overall, it will be an even bigger accomplishment.

One might even say that when it becomes the best selling Superhero game overall it will be a real accomplishment. 

colafitte said:

Pretty impressive then. So with bundles counted, maybe more than 5 million in USA by the end of the year?

Very good news about gaming sales everywhere right now, well maybe except for BFV and F76...

Yeah.....

I think EA is on a personal mission to destroy their IPs. Like there is someone there that just has his finger on the self destruct button.