By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch outsold the original Xbox

SpokenTruth said:
Wyrdness said:

I'm far from the only one who sees he's technically right as many others on this forum have debated this to death your argument hinges on a claim with nothing concrete all you've said is your measly the industry this and that with no source either so we can only assume you see your views as the entire industry. You've not debunked what I said earlier to the user highlighting this industry angle claim is your go to crutch here I'm guessing you believe the industry can't make enough money to stay afloat with out microtransactions as well because some PR reps have said as such.

For a quick example, NPD just called it this (8th) generation.  Do you have anything showing it to be 9th generation?

Yeah the Switch succeeding an 8th gen platform, NPD also call it a home console when the industry debates over that, it's a Hybrid.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah the Switch succeeding an 8th gen platform, NPD also call it a home console when the industry debates over that, it's a Hybrid.

You're right.  I'll start correcting everyone I work with.  Now can we get back to 9th gen Switch outselling 6th gen Xbox?

Fallacies do nothing for you.

Shiken said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Look, we gotta put a cap on when celebrate _____ out selling _____.

The only real Nintendo console that didn't outsell the Xbox was the Wii U, it was a disaster. Kudos to the Switch, it will likely sell a 100 million units or whatever.

Well I mean it is a sales website, so this is the only place celebrating stuff like this makes sense.

Do I give two craps?  No...not really.  I will celebrate when it passes 80 mil, then again if it passes 100 mil.  To me, those are the milestones that would matter...IMHO.

I hear ya, but Xbox didnt exactly sell great.

To contrary, its news when a console by a major company fails to do that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

The only real Nintendo console that didn't outsell the Xbox was the Wii U, it was a disaster. Kudos to the Switch, it will likely sell a 100 million units or whatever.

We just had recent threads for PS4 outselling GBA, 360 & PS3, it's pretty common to point out when consoles outsell other consoles on a video game sales website.

Also I think you're missing the point of the accomplishment, it's not impressive to outsell Xbox in general, it is however impressive to outsell it in 1 year and 9 months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

According to Nintendo plans, Switch with ship numbers should pass N64 numbers at end of this month.

Around the Network

Well, It is a very low milestone and considering the good release it was obvious it would cross.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

We just had recent threads for PS4 outselling GBA, 360 & PS3, it's pretty common to point out when consoles outsell other consoles on a video game sales website.

Also I think you're missing the point of the accomplishment, it's not impressive to outsell Xbox in general, it is however impressive to outsell it in 1 year and 9 months.

Successful consoles always outsell the the OG Xbox in a much short period the OG Xbox was produced. Thats sorta the point.

Switch is doing great, sales are staying strong, I dont think were that far from Switch out performed Genesis, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, PS1, 360, PS3, Jaguar, etc. Hence, there is a lot of fucking threads to cover on this same topic. Passing the Xbox, a modest selling console with huge software support, low on Switch's potential success.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

One step at a time. Keep it going till they can work out what to do next gen to ensure that doesn't fail

Almost time to celebrate the next milestone. Were going to be celebrating quite a few them.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

For a sales site there seems to be a fair few rude people only here debating why we talking numbers lol

Isn't it nice to keep track of when a console beats another?