Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Report- MS working on 2 next-gen Scarlett family consoles for release Holiday 2020, handheld gaming peripherals with Razer

Give me some good exclusives with all those studios you're buying Microsoft and I'll buy your shiny hardware next gen

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Yep at latest E3 Phil Spencer said they were making new consoles with a plural, that means either 2 or more consoles for next-gen I guess. And a streaming box just doesn't make any sense, Sony tried this with PS now and it was a complete failure, I don't think Microsoft can do any better.

A 300$ and 500$ console makes better sense, this way they will have the most powerful console and the cheapest one in the next-gen war against Sony.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:

Yep at latest E3 Phil Spencer said they were making new consoles with a plural, that means either 2 or more consoles for next-gen I guess. And a streaming box just doesn't make any sense, Sony tried this with PS now and it was a complete failure, I don't think Microsoft can do any better.

A 300$ and 500$ console makes better sense, this way they will have the most powerful console and the cheapest one in the next-gen war against Sony.

Actually, we have recent rumors of a streaming box as well, that has a decent chipset in it that runs latency dependent tasks locally. https://mspoweruser.com/rumored-xbox-streaming-box-reportedly-powered-by-custom-amd-picasso-chip/ I think we could see something like this next gen:

$250- Streaming Box

$350- Lockhart

$500- Anaconda  

It's also possible that we will see discless variants of Lockhart and Anaconda for $50 cheaper than the disc-drive variants, since MS is testing the viability of a discless console with the discless S next year, so we could see:

$250- Streaming box

$300- Discless Lockhart

$350- Lockhart

$450- Discless Anaconda

$500- Anaconda

shikamaru317 said:

Actually, we have recent rumors of a streaming box as well, that has a decent chipset in it that runs latency dependent tasks locally. https://mspoweruser.com/rumored-xbox-streaming-box-reportedly-powered-by-custom-amd-picasso-chip/ I think we could see something like this next gen:

$250- Streaming Box

$350- Lockhart

$500- Anaconda  

It's also possible that we will see discless variants of Lockhart and Anaconda for $50 cheaper than the disc-drive variants, since MS is testing the viability of a discless console with the discless S next year, so we could see:

$250- Streaming box

$300- Discless Lockhart

$350- Lockhart

$450- Discless Anaconda

$500- Anaconda

I don't really think a $50 less disc-less version will really cut it and be attractive enough for even those who are majority digital and If they wan't a disc-less variant to work they need to put it out there for a bigger initial loss on their end to quickly make back through services and the higher margins on digital along with less sales lost from the used market, something along the lines of $100-150 cheaper if they want to tempt people into full digital.

So we have a new report from Brad Sams, it looks like the Scarlett line is even bigger than I thought: https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/195395/deciphering-xbox-scarlett-anaconda-anthem-danta-lockhart-maverick-and-roma

We have:

Lockhart Cloud- A streaming console designed to stream next-gen games at 1080p, this is using a version of the XB1 S chipset which runs latency dependent tasks locally while pulling the rest of the data from the xCloud streaming service

Anaconda Cloud- A streaming console designed to stream next-gen games at 4k presumably. This seems to be the console that will be using AMD's Picasso APU (Ryzen CPU + Vega GPU cores), which will run latency dependent tasks locally while the rest of the data is pulled from the xCloud streaming service

Lockhart (called Scarlett Arcade internally)- This is a physical console designed to run next-gen games at 1080p presumably, seems to be using a refined version of the XB1 X chipset (probably has the X GPU and RAM paired with a Ryzen CPU since Jaguar likely won't cut it for next gen games)

Anaconda (called Scarlett Pro internally)- This is a physical console designed to run next-gen games at native 4k presumably, seems like this is the Zen 2 + Navi console we've heard rumors of previously.

Other codenames:

Ronda- The codename for the Anaconda dev kit.

Cincinatti- The codename for the next-gen line of Xbox controllers (don't worry, rumor is the XB1 controllers will still be supported).

Maverick- The codename for the discless variant of XB1 S.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 17 December 2018

Around the Network
vivster said:
Good for them! We need a proper hardware cycle and not "generations".

They could have it both ways with continued support of X1. But two versions of Scarlett would be future proofing and covering bases on price.

So its all up in the air at this point. All we know for certain is 8th gen consoles are guaranteed to get notable support for a few years into the 9th gen.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Two separate SKUs for streaming makes little sense, it would be much better and simpler to have two tiers of streaming services. More profitable, even, I believe.

Unless they think it would drain from the perception of value of the 1080p physical console, so yeah, perhaps they're thinking about competition among their own consoles.

Edit: simpler yet: slap the next-generation streaming service into the Xbox One as-is and call it a day. Sony could do it with the PS4 I wonder.

4 SKU's is way too much.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Let's see if they'll alienate the market or make good entry.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

4 sku's ? Now try making a 30 seconds commercial that'll make sense of all that for the dear consumerist mass.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909