Bioshock Infinite 5 16.13%

Black Ops 2 0 0%

Modern Warfare 3 1 3.23%

Killzone 3 0 0%

Halo Reach 4 12.90%

Overwatch 1 3.23%

Other 5 16.13%

Total:31

Poll added based on the more popular responses so far.

Around the Network
jamesmarkus87 said:
Halo: Reach

I really love the campaign. Unlike most people, I never liked the dual-wielding in Halo 2 & 3, so I really didn't miss it here (or in ODST). Also, unlike most people, I had no problem with the absence of the Master Chief. Without him, I was given the opportunity to create and customize my own avatar for Noble team. I also got the opportunity to play a Halo game where I was on the losing side of a war. During the campaign, Noble team might win a few battles, but even they're aware that they're badly losing the war, and that they're basically just delaying the inevitable. Other great additions included Jet Packs, the DMR, and an improved Firefight mode.

Same here and for pretty much the same reasons, now I have to decide between Reach and Bioshock 2 another game that in my opinion didn't get enough credit, I also liked Metro 2033

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:

I wondered why  responses weren't turning into votes.

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

Well, I wasn't sure which games to put as poll options, so I figured I'd let the thread run for a while and see which games were popular.

Also, I agree with you on Bioshock 2 being underrated. It wasn't as original or groundbreaking as the first game or Infinite, but it still told an excellent story and refined the original's combat.

Metroid Prime 4, that game is possibly going to be my FPS game of the decade, (presuming it comes out within this decade (2019) without a delay lol :P.

Since it wasn't in the list I voted Bioshock Infinite, I would love to see that game in VR some day XD. The setting is really immersive, it has a powerful atmospheric moods. The lighting makes it look like surreal watercolour painting, in a sky setting. The colour palette starts off with really bright colours/tones but as the mood of the games narrative changes, so so does the setting. The sky gradually changes to a darker black sky palette with vicious purple clouds howling wildly.  Red glowing light reflect on the surfaces of nearby clouds as the sky burns bright from the burning crumbling society. It's a AAA Art Game. A masterpiece.
Bioshock 1 introduces the player to a never-seen-before setting but the gameplay was average. Then Bioshock 2 built on the gameplay to make it good but kept the same underwater setting. But in Bioshock Infinite, it combined really good gameplay with an introduction to a fresh new setting. It took what made Bioshock 1 & 2 really good and created a fresh new game. The Hook Shot added a lot to the game whether it was combat purposes, exploring, or for an immersion-coaster looking over the clouds below. As for the setting, it has to be experienced to be believed. A true gaming gem. 10/10.

I wished it would come out for PSVR, it would be a really super-immersive experience :)

Last edited by 00Xander00 - on 17 December 2018

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Around the Network

Infinite warfare campaign, follow by titanfall 2 campaign and then the black ops 3 campaign in Co op. After that probably wolfenstein and Doom.

curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

Well, I wasn't sure which games to put as poll options, so I figured I'd let the thread run for a while and see which games were popular.

Also, I agree with you on Bioshock 2 being underrated. It wasn't as original or groundbreaking as the first game or Infinite, but it still told an excellent story and refined the original's combat.

I'm not sure why people put originality on such a high pedestal that makes it makes feel like you have to constantly reinvent the wheel every time you make something .

There are plenty of original games that flopped and great games that got there through iteration and refinement,  for a game that had to cope with the restraints that come with being a  sequel , I feel it it ticked all the boxes.

Bioshock Infinite like Bioshock 1 enjoyed the advantage of being in an original setting that we knew very little about unlike Bioshock 2.

Overwatch because that's probably the only FPS I can play for more than 2 hours.

RE7 in vr. Survival mode was quite addictive and the whole game was amazing in VR.
If that's not fps enough, Far point with its excellent use of the aim controller
Borderlands 2 might take the crown, however I haven't played it yet.

If VR didn't happen, Wolfenstein the new order was my favorite before VR.

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not sure why people put originality on such a high pedestal that makes it makes feel like you have to constantly reinvent the wheel every time you make something .

There are plenty of original games that flopped and great games that got there through iteration and refinement,  for a game that had to cope with the restraints that come with being a  sequel , I feel it it ticked all the boxes.

Bioshock Infinite like Bioshock 1 enjoyed the advantage of being in an original setting that we knew very little about unlike Bioshock 2.

One of the most compelling things about Bioshock 1 was its setting; this mysterious city that was so unlike pretty much anything seen in an FPS before. The second time around, it's just never going to be quite as special, once you've seen plenty of the city already and know its story.

Originality is prized because it makes for fresh, novel experiences.