By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Katamari Damacy Reroll

I just finished the last level (create the moon) of Katamari Damacy Reroll and I am very happy I got this game. I played this once on a con a little bit (the PS2 version obviously), so I knew it is quirky and has interesting gameplay, but I never got my hands on it really. It never released here in europe.

So I was interested with the announcement of the remaster and got it. And wow, this game is great. The HD-update is cool, you can see more stuff now and make out the prince still with even bigger Katamaris. But the main thing, the charme is still there.

And hey, the credits after the last level are such a great surprise. So for me this game is one great experience and I think more people should try it. There is a demo on the Nintendo eshop, if you wanna give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwekU7b3SiQ

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

No retail release in Europe, nobuy at launch. Seriously, I know the game is going to struggle due to its launch being near Smash, but come on. Namco Bandai coul've done something about it. Completely pointless.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
No retail release in Europe, nobuy at launch. Seriously, I know the game is going to struggle due to its launch being near Smash, but come on. Namco Bandai coul've done something about it. Completely pointless.

But it is just such a great game. Yeah, I wanted it physical too. And maybe if it gets a physical release, I get it again.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Darwinianevolution said:

But it is just such a great game. Yeah, I wanted it physical too. And maybe if it gets a physical release, I get it again.

But why would you buy a digital game at launch when it's the Smash Bros' Week and the start of the holiday discounts? (I bought Realpolitiks, I'm not sure if I regret the purchase or not, time will tell, this kind of games need a bigger font when played on portable). There is no real incentive to buy it over any other offer.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Mnementh said:

But why would you buy a digital game at launch when it's the Smash Bros' Week and the start of the holiday discounts? (I bought Realpolitiks, I'm not sure if I regret the purchase or not, time will tell, this kind of games need a bigger font when played on portable). There is no real incentive to buy it over any other offer.

Yeah, I'm quite shocked it released in Smash-week. Bad choice.

Around the Network

I've wanted to try a Katamari game for a while so this one is definitely on my radar.

I will definitely get this game. The PS2 version is one of my top 50 games of all time. Also I really don't like breaking out my PS2, but this game is the most common reason that I do. Going to get Reroll soon for sure.

Playing it on PC... unfortunately, it doesn't run at 60fps in-game. I thought it would take advantage of better hardware at least.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Playing it on PC... unfortunately, it doesn't run at 60fps in-game. I thought it would take advantage of better hardware at least.

Sometimes old ports are known for some strangeness. I heard Okami if hacked to run on 60 fps has serious glitches. Maybe something else happened here. Some physics calculations bound to the visible frames and would go awry if more fps were allowed.

Already on my Steam wishlist. I would've pulled the trigger already but I'm dreading the controls. I played a Katamari game on Vita and i was horrible. And what I've seen from streams the controls still seem to be all over the place. I really want to play it though since the music and theme is so awesome. One of the very few games I wouldn't turn off the music by default.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.