By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - January Nintendo Direct Wish-list and Speculation

The current rumoured date is the 10th of January, historically the early year ND has been aired between the 10-20th of January on average but the are some exceptions with a few even airing in February.

Around the Network

Predictions:
- Smash DLC, and way too much Smash in general
- Extensive gameplay footage of Yoshi and Fire Emblem
- Persona 5 reveal
- Animal Crossing or Pokémon trailer + name (but only one of the two games, they'll save the other one for later)
- Bayonetta 3 trailer

Wishlist:
- Mario Maker Deluxe
- Something Zelda (Skyward Sword HD, Link's Awakening remake or BotW 2)

manuelogando40 said:
first of all, big Nintendo Direct won't be in January.

Based on what exactly?

Last year we had quite good Mini Direct even Switch didnt had plenty releases in first couple of months, in 2019. they have much more content to talk about and show than they did in 2018.

As you say, same like last year. Just Direct Mini, but not the big one. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Wyrdness said:
The current rumoured date is the 10th of January, historically the early year ND has been aired between the 10-20th of January on average but the are some exceptions with a few even airing in February.

That isnt rumored but expected date based on last two years, I also think that 10. January (or at least that week 8-10. January) has most chance for Direct, before NSMBU DX release. February is too late not because last Direct was in September but because we dont have not single release date aside NSMBU DX and Travis Strikes Again that are 11. and 18. January release.

TheMisterManGuy said:

Jumpin said: 

• Brand new game reveal #1 - I'm hoping for a New IP
    ME: I think Switch is done with new IPs for the time being, the window for those is the launch. A new IP will come with new hardware. I'd put Animal Crossing here instead.

Nintendo has introduced at least One new Major IP each year since the launch of the Switch. 2017 had ARMS, this year had Nintendo Labo. Next year will have at least another I believe. Shinya Takahashi said that Nintendo has a variety of New IPs and ideas in development. 

"Every year"
I can spin the release schedule too =D
All of Nintendo's new IPs for the Switch were revealed during the first 12 months of the Switch's life, there have been none revealed since.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I hope Nintendo announces some hardcore games. And not, "I'm 13 and want to be hardcore so people think my disgusting nerdy ways are cool!" type hardcore. I mean REAL hardcore games, the kind that only the NSFW crowd would write about.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

A SMG HD collection to set the mood for a possible third iteration would completely strike my fancy, but I'll try to be reasonable this time around.

1. Metroid Prime 4 CGI trailer
2. Fire Emblem Three Houses release date
3. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn release date
4. Bayonetta 3 footage
5. New Zelda announcement, no launch window
6. Star Fox Grand Prix

What won't be in the direct:

Animal Crossing
Mario Maker
Pokémon

I'm betting on some new DLC for Mario Kart 8 DX. I don't really expect MK9 any time soon and this would be a great opportunity to get us to reinvest in the game yet again and to pad their Spring release schedule. I'm thinking it'll drop some time in May and will feature Samus as a character and some Metroid levels as the main attraction of one pack of new levels. The other pack will feature Luigi's Mansion and will also include a new item, a Poltergust 3000 that you can use to suck up coins and power ups from other players.

I know it's not out yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe...
I can't imagine it took much work to port, and some free content (or possibly paid) may convince more people to double dip...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
I know it's not out yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe...
I can't imagine it took much work to port, and some free content (or possibly paid) may convince more people to double dip...

This really needs to happen.  I'll put in a request right now for it to be a Super Mario Bros 2-inspired DLC set.  You're already introducing Peach again and her floaty physics.  Some reimaginings of many of those iconic enemies and levels in the NSMB universe would be great and an opportunity for Nintendo to put their toe in the water regarding this nearly abandoned game world.