By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 November 2018

Intrinsic said:
So I guess its safe to say the PS4 will close the year at around 92M sold.

Which puts it at what for 2018? 19M? 18M?

Amazing.

Yes I would say 18M at least.

Around the Network

Surprised to see xbox beating Switch in the US

melbye said:
Surprised to see xbox beating Switch in the US

I was expecting them to be very close, but still Switch on top; I was wrong.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
ps4 still rocking the floor, and thinking it's 5 years old, it's amazing

Yep, it's a miracle Console.   Anyway, good figures for the other competitors too.

that's right, all 3 got good numbers

Intrinsic said:
So I guess its safe to say the PS4 will close the year at around 92M sold.

Which puts it at what for 2018? 19M? 18M?

Amazing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

2018 has been an amazing year for PS4, which seems to be unstoppable even after 5 years...and it's not the whole story, as 2019 will be amazing too with all the AAA titles supposed to be released next year and a likely price-cut.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Xbox did very decent compared on how far they usually are behind the others saleswise.

Nate4Drake said:
2018 has been an amazing year for PS4, which seems to be unstoppable even after 5 years...and it's not the whole story, as 2019 will be amazing too with all the AAA titles supposed to be released next year and a likely price-cut.

And i really think the following gen is even going to get better, if you think about it then it kinda has the right setup to it.

Sony wants to keep momentum going and let that momentum overflow into nextgen while still partly keeping it in the current and you can expect Microsoft to do everything they can to go back to the xbox360 popularity and to do that they need to get a lot more competitive with Sony on the exclusives and we have seen them prepare for it in the recent years or at least we can say that we have seen the signs for it.

Sony should also predict Microsoft competitiveness for next gen so it can be a possibility they also try to boost exclusives.

And Nintendo is a case on its own competitors wise and does not really have to share its market with the other ones as it has such a coexisting nature with its exclusives and focus/audience but now with the switch they on themselves are also in an uprising again and i am expecting them to boost and hype it even more with an upcoming new switch model.

Compared to last year: 3DS is down, PS4/XBO are about equal and Switch is up.

Platform 2017 2018
PS4 1,682,712 1,624,646
XOne 1,079,356 1,118,498
Switch 823,754 1,349,280
3DS 487,971 243,727

siebensus4 said:

Compared to last year: 3DS is down, PS4/XBO are about equal and Switch is up.

Platform 2017 2018
PS4 1,682,712 1,624,646
XOne 1,079,356 1,118,498
Switch 823,754 1,349,280
3DS 487,971 243,727

500k more sales YoY, that's huge