By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 November 2018

Wow. Amazing week for all three consoles. Both XB1 and Switch up YoY compared to 2017. PS4 while being a bit down compared to last year is still best selling console overall.

Around the Network

i hope ps4 is number 1 for the whole year

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kazuyamishima said:
PS4 almost flat compared to last year BF.
NSW up by a lot, had MK8 and Pokémon/Smash.
Xbox one did great numbers.

All good for three.

Wut? MK8D came out almost 2 years ago, and Smash wasn't even out during black friday. O.o

Anyway, everyone did well, I'm super happy!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

SKMBlake said:
There isn't much of a difference with the 300$/€ Switch and the 199$/€ PS4, that's pretty huge.

That's because the ps4 bundle sold out in record time. If there was stock the gap would be massive. 

Anyway, I expect ps4 EU numbers to be adjusted up but regardless a big win this week. Beats switch by around 300k and xbox by 600k. Great week for PlayStation. 

So I guess its safe to say the PS4 will close the year at around 92M sold.

Which puts it at what for 2018? 19M? 18M?

Amazing.

Around the Network

Time to stick a fork into the 3DS

ZODIARKrebirth said:
ps4 still rocking the floor, and thinking it's 5 years old, it's amazing

Yep, it's a miracle Console.   Anyway, good figures for the other competitors too.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

LipeJJ said:
kazuyamishima said:
PS4 almost flat compared to last year BF.
NSW up by a lot, had MK8 and Pokémon/Smash.
Xbox one did great numbers.

All good for three.

Wut? MK8D came out almost 2 years ago, and Smash wasn't even out during black friday. O.o

Nintendo had a Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle at $299.99. You basically got the Switch at $240, plus Mario Kart for $60.

Reggie at Nintendo Headquarters: *looks at Switch shipment goals*

IT'S THE FINAAAAAAAAAAL COUNNNNNNTDDDDDOWNNNNNNNN!

PAOerfulone said:
LipeJJ said:

Nintendo had a Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle at $299.99. You basically got the Switch at $240, plus Mario Kart for $60.

Ah, ok, my bad then. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won