By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD 2018 Thread

Intrinsic said:
I would be shocked if the NS won on console sales. Won on revenue I expect, but nt on console sales.

That would mean that either the PS4 is really down YOY and did like 1.1M or the NS is up by more than 100% YOY and did like 1.6M. Both just seems unlikely to me especially going by nintendos press release.

But if the PS4 sold like 1.5 - 1.6M at "mostly" like $199.... then the NS selling ~1.2M at $299 will result in a win n revenue which is what I expect.

Results are in

Switch: 1360K
PS4: 1480K
XBO: 1340K

Was super close

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
tbone51 said:
So much for nintendo PR lol. Switch sold well over 1mil. And surprisingly the best thing is all 3 are stupidly close.

Every1 won in their own way. Especially X1 imo

This does go inline with nintendo PR though. They indicated they were selling around 50% better than last year. So 50% better than ~800k - 900k would have put them at at least 1.2M. 

Ending up at 1.3M+ is pretty much almost spot on. 

Have a look in the previous pr thread my friend ;p

Is that the closest Nov we've ever had? I can't recall it ever being this close before. All three did really well.

The PS5 Exists. 

That was so close. Rip in advance for PS4 and XBX1 in December.

Yeah that's nice result for all, first time 3 home consoles has been 1M+ in November.

Very impressed by Xbox.. they didnt seem to have much going for them in November but still pull this off,

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Is that the closest Nov we've ever had? I can't recall it ever being this close before. All three did really well.

Nov? Yeah and first time 3 home consoles sold over 1mil (this case 1.3mil+ each)

Nintendo Switch hardware ltd number in Black Friday week PR was a bullshit.

tbone51 said:
Intrinsic said:

This does go inline with nintendo PR though. They indicated they were selling around 50% better than last year. So 50% better than ~800k - 900k would have put them at at least 1.2M. 

Ending up at 1.3M+ is pretty much almost spot on. 

Have a look in the previous pr thread my friend ;p

I don't know what PR you are talking about... but the takeaway from the one I saw put nintendo sales at around 50% better YOY. Which put it at at least 1.2M in sales. 

My original prediction for switch for november was 1.3M but I dropped that a bit.

Honestly the NS doing 1.3M+ shouldn't be a surprise to most here. Or the PS4 being down YOY by about 10% which is in line with how its been trending all year. 

The real surprise here is the XB1. 

Benji is right.

Really interesting thing is what these numbers mean for the worldwide totals. PS4 could have done around 3M in november. And the NS around 2.5M and the XB1 around 2M