By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is LABO going to explode this holiday?

thismeintiel said: Considering Nintendo was predicting 20M this FY, it's pretty easy to see that they thought that Labo would be a system seller.  They expected it to help them in the early half of the year, until they got to their heavy hitters.  It failed to do that, which is why I think it is safe to assume they will be 2M-3M below that target.

But Nintendo also said, that most of the sales for Switch this year would be concentrated on its Fall lineup, specifically Pokemon Let's Go!, Mario Party, and Smash. If Nintendo really wanted Labo to be a system seller, you'd think they'd run a bigger marketing campaign for it than what they did up to this point. Even when Nintendo talks about Labo, they never discussed it like it was going to be a big system seller. So no, I don't think Nintendo saw Labo as a system seller, rather something that can expand the utility and appeal of the Switch, mainly to parents who's kids already have one. 

Around the Network

No. I haven't seen much marketing from Nintendo regarding the Labo and I think parents would rather just buy their children actual video games instead of Labo. The audience for this thing, is unfortunately really restrictive

FarleyMcFirefly said:
it bothers me that there are still people here to hope for failure. Labo is a neat concept, though maybe not for you. The industry needs Nintendo's wacky concepts or it will be the same thing over and over again.

Agreed.  Even if the ideas sometimes suck, it is good to see at least one company that is consistently willing to take risks and try new stuff.  

DonFerrari said:
Ashadelo said:

Your post is a little hard to understand. I assume English is not your native tongue, sorry.

I'm not native speaker, but for me it was very clear.

I am a native speaker, and his post seemed quite clear to me as well.

My kids still haven't finished building the robo kit they got in june, so no, it's a dud. I haven't heard any word of mouth about it either.

Around the Network

Explode? No.

How's the sales going for that anyways? Maybe it'll get a boost during the holidays, but not do crazy numbers. I figure it could make for a good gift for kids.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Explode? No.

How's the sales going for that anyways? Maybe it'll get a boost during the holidays, but not do crazy numbers. I figure it could make for a good gift for kids.

Mostly okay. The Vehicle Kit retunrre to the top 20 this week at least.

TheMisterManGuy said:
Cloudman said:
Explode? No.

The vehicle kit is at less than 45k sales in Japan and after 3 months is only 60-80% sold through its greatly reduced initial shipment per Famitsu. That is not in any realm of okay when compared to what the variety kit did. That is a humongous collapse in sales.

Megiddo said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

The vehicle kit is at less than 45k sales in Japan and after 3 months is only 60-80% sold through its greatly reduced initial shipment per Famitsu. That is not in any realm of okay when compared to what the variety kit did. That is a humongous collapse in sales.

Like you said though, it was a greatly reduced shipment, and if it's 80% though sold, then that's actually okay all things considered. The thing to keep in mind too is that Labo is comprised of multiple Kits, so even if one doesn't do as well, another one can pick up the slack. So those 40k sales of the Vehicle Kit can get added to the 210k sales of the Variety Kit and the 90k or so sales of the Robot Kit, bringing the total sales to around 400k in Japan, pretty decent for it's first year I'd say.

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 13 December 2018

Its pretty garbage so i doubt it just a gimmick a bad one at that