By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBU: Predict Dec NPD Sales (US)! (Will it Break the Record?)

People should consider that not every game on that list had the same numbers of days to reach that number. GOW only had a few days while Spiderman, like Smash had almost all the month to reach that number

Considering that, Ultimate is going to destroy the record...., i expect 4M+ in USA alone in December.

Around the Network

Most of the consoles on that list had a much higher install base at the time, if not all of them. Still, I'd be surprised if it doesn't at least break into this. I know two copies were bought at least. One for me, and one for my friend for Christmas. :)

I would expect so. If the reports are true, Ultimate has done 1.3 million first week in Japan. It needs 3.3 million plus in the US, but with two full weeks of pre-Christmas sales should see that record shattered. I'll say 4 million, but I expect I'm under-estimating it.

colafitte said:
People should consider that not every game on that list had the same numbers of days to reach that number. GOW only had a few days while Spiderman, like Smash had almost all the month to reach that number

Considering that, Ultimate is going to destroy the record...., i expect 4M+ in USA alone in December.

I agree, but also people need to be aware of install basis also, GoW and Spiderman are launched on much higher install base than Smash Ultimate did.

It should definitely be in and around Brawl levels, although the Wii was an absolute monster tbf and Brawl was highly anticipated so it would be amazing if it does beat it!

Around the Network

Yes I think it will sell over 3.3 millions.

kopstudent89 said:
It should definitely be in and around Brawl levels, although the Wii was an absolute monster tbf and Brawl was highly anticipated so it would be amazing if it does beat it!

Nintendo reported that Pokemon Let Go sold 1.5m in US in 15 days, Smash Ultimate has far more hype and hole month of sales, I would surprised if does not hit at least 3m in December.

Yes we can.

Miyamotoo said:
kopstudent89 said:

Nintendo reported that Pokemon Let Go sold 1.5m in US in 15 days, Smash Ultimate has far more hype and hole month of sales, I would surprised if does not hit at least 3m in December.

It does have far more hype but Pokemon has mass appeal as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's doing so well but for any game to enter that list is mightily impressive, and even 2.5m for instance would be a huge win. I do think it will get 3m+ though but that's not based on any analytics apart from the Amazon results.

I gave it some thought. I think it has a good shot to top this list out of following reasons:
1. It was published at the beginning of the month.
2. In December there are less competition than in November. Therefore the game is getting a lot of attention.
3. Holiday season
4. Those who got a Switch for Christmas without Smash will consider to get the game ASAP.