By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - British politician says UK should threaten Ireland with food shortages

https://www.joe.ie/news/british-politician-says-uk-threaten-ireland-food-shortages-leverage-backstop-650910

This is truly sick. Considering the role the British parliament played in the Irish famine which resulted in millions of Irish starving to death or emigrating to places like the America, you'd think she'd be a little more thoughtful.

I believe she is of Indian descent which is Ironic because millions of Indians died in famine while under British rule. 

Around the Network

Free Ireland!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I wonder how bad the food shortage will be in a no-brexit situation.

The thing she is actually saying is way way more stupid though: "We fucked you over by being incompetent asshats, now go to Brussels and fix our mess so you don't get fucked over so hard!"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

deskpro2k3 said:
Free Ireland!

Free Northern Ireland!

No need for a backstop then anymore anyway

It's ironic, considering that UK is realistically facing food and medicines shortages, in case of no-deal Brexit.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Free Ireland!

Free Northern Ireland!

^ this.

Kristof81 said:
It's ironic, considering that UK is realistically facing food and medicines shortages, in case of no-deal Brexit.

Yeah ireland now produces almost 10 times more food then we need and exports half of it to the uk. Meanwhile the UK online produces half of what it requires. That country is over populated and ours is under populated. I guess we can tank the British for Ireland having a population under 5m.

Kerotan said:
Kristof81 said:

Yeah ireland now produces almost 10 times more food then we need and exports half of it to the uk. Meanwhile the UK online produces half of what it requires. That country is over populated and ours is under populated. I guess we can tank the British for Ireland having a population under 5m.

Not sure if typo or intended, but damn does it make a nice stealth pun/insult

I actually kinda agree with her. Also, the US should start a new war in the Middle East, the Russians should start a new revolution, and France and Germany should both try to conquer all of continental Europe.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Free Ireland!

Free Northern Ireland!

She's clearly a head case, but let's not start that pandemic.

Last edited by Green098 - on 10 December 2018