By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

StreaK said:
DaaaBeast said:

You just won "Salt of the year" award with that coment, bro. God job, well deserved, well desreved 😂😂😂

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

And you have just won "Post of the Year" or "Comment of the Year", whichever you prefer haha. So true!

Chiming in on an already moderated post?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uh huh, just because I find the slow paced story driven game kinda boring.

Frankly, maybe it did deserve it. I need to look at the full list of what released in 2019. I rather play RDR or Odyssey, but thats my personal taste.

Lol this is why some "opinions" makes no sense you say you don't like slow paced,story driven games,when that's exactly what RDR2 is.Hell the game takes at least 2 hours to even get going.I think you prefer those games because they're not Sony exclusives but that just my "opinion"

He really shot himself in the foot with that one 😂 

Imagine hating Sony's exclusives.

Keiji said:

Well we know many people do and have for years. 

Kerotan said:
Keiji said:

Well we know many people do and have for years. 

Jealousy is a strong thing

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

I have only played 3 of this year's nominees, but God of War was a awesome game and a worthy winner in my opinion even though i preferred Spider-Man

REDZONE said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uh huh, just because I find the slow paced story driven game kinda boring.

Frankly, maybe it did deserve it. I need to look at the full list of what released in 2019. I rather play RDR or Odyssey, but thats my personal taste.

Lol this is why some "opinions" makes no sense you say you don't like slow paced,story driven games,when that's exactly what RDR2 is.Hell the game takes at least 2 hours to even get going.I think you prefer those games because they're not Sony exclusives but that just my "opinion"

RDR2 has a couple hours that are basically a tutorial but after that there’s nothing slow or story driven about it. I’ve got over 50 hours in the game and have barely touched the story. I hunt, do side quests, and hunt bounties. Plus there’s RDR Online now.

Whats up with all this nonsense about a guy who owns both platforms and played both games? If he wasn’t into Sony exclusives he wouldn’t have bought it. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

REDZONE said:

RDR2 has a couple hours that are basically a tutorial but after that there’s nothing slow or story driven about it. I’ve got over 50 hours in the game and have barely touched the story. I hunt, do side quests, and hunt bounties. Plus there’s RDR Online now.

Whats up with all this nonsense about a guy who owns both platforms and played both games? If he wasn’t into Sony exclusives he wouldn’t have bought it. 

There's nothing fast paced or action pack about it either.To say GOW is boring is reaching.And you think because he owns or says he owns both consoles does means he isn't bias to the moon and back,ha.Anyway to each his own and that's the end of this topic for me.

Just because some one doesnt a sony exclusive doesnt mean they “hating on Sony exclusives”.

Knock if off with that fanboy crap.  

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 December 2018

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Immersiveunreality said:

I do love the slow paced gameplay but its understandable it can be a personal negative, the game as a whole is innovating for the genre and it's for a big part next level and a build up from games like The witcher 3 that also did the open world nicely in my opinion and the only thing about this game that annoys me is how the clumsiness of animation from the main character can get into the way of needingly fast reaction when doing missions .I heard some complains about the length of the game that i do find a noncomplaint myself, as for me its a lengthy enjoyment and if i need i will just take a break and play other games in between.

I also would have liked more options to spend money and change the world around you with money like lets say investing it in property and/or remaining militia.

So yeah overall i really really enjoy this game and it does deserve a lot of praise for the things that make it shine.

I read that a lot. I've played the game extensively and it is great, yet what is innovative about it? The only thing 'new' or advanced is the weather system. Just curious as I can't think of anything else.