By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First DLC Character for Smash Ultimate: Joker from Persona 5!!!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/rumour_joker_in_smash_bros_ultimate_triggers_speculation_that_persona_5_is_coming_to_switch

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Nautilus said:
Man, they blew me away with this announcement.The sky is truly the limit for the next characters.

And I mean, this MUST mean that Persona 5 is also comming to the Switch.Right?

Nope. Remember Solid Snake and Cloud in Smash.

But Snake came to the GC (also, Konami will probably re-release the original MGs games ad nauseam, now that they can't really make new ones). And Cloud represents the whole FF series, which has been on Nintendo since the original.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

WHO? WHO? Yeah I know, Persona is popular around gaming forums, but outside that, a lot of people are wondering who the f is this guy.

This pick makes me scare of the possibility that we might not have a single fighter from an western franchise... Wich have characters that are 1000x more popular than this choice

Last edited by 160rmf - on 07 December 2018

We reap what we sow

Nautilus said:
Man, they blew me away with this announcement.The sky is truly the limit for the next characters.

And I mean, this MUST mean that Persona 5 is also comming to the Switch.Right?

Not necessarily, Persona Q2 on the 3DS is a thing...though, this might mean future mainline Persona games will also be released on Nintendo systems instead of only on Playstation.

If days when my mother are there isn't in smash, I will be really sad. We will most likely be getting a Kamoshida castle stage as well.

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:

Eh. If this isn't coupled with a release of Persona on Switch, then it's a thumbs down from me. I want characters who either have Nintendo history or are at least in games coming to the system

Persona Q2 on 3ds have him, you are lucky

160rmf said:

WHO? WHO? Yeah I know, Persona is popular around gaming forums, but outside that, a lot of people are wondering who the f is this guy.

This pick makes me scare of the possibility that we might not have a single fighter from an western franchise... Wich have characters that are 1000x more popular than this choice

Dont be complaining when they announce a character from Minecraft. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Metallox said:
Goku when?

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

“Manga characters will not join the battle (obviously)"

Super_Boom said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I'm really disappointed. Almost legit pissed.

Same here. I loved Persona 5, but this character could not feel more out of of place out if he tried. Especially after Rex and Lloyd Irving, infinitely more interesting characters, got relegated to costumes, while the silent avatar from a game with no history on Nintendo gets a full character. 

Honestly at this point I'm expecting the next few DLC choices to just be weird crap to make waves on social media. Getting ready for Fortnight characters, Shrek, and Goku.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Super_Boom said:

Same here. I loved Persona 5, but this character could not feel more out of of place out if he tried. Especially after Rex and Lloyd Irving, infinitely more interesting characters, got relegated to costumes, while the silent avatar from a game with no history on Nintendo gets a full character. 

Honestly at this point I'm expecting the next few DLC choices to just be weird crap to make waves on social media. Getting ready for Fortnight characters, Shrek, and Goku.

Honestly Rex is not a more interesting character in the sense of an addition to Smash. He's annoying in his own game and he'd just be a Shulk clone. 

What? Not even close