By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 November 2018

Switch jumps 700K?

Around the Network
Marth said:
h2ohno said:
Switch jumps 700K?

Pokemon released

Ah.  It's a typo.  Should be November 17.  That makes more sense.

Edit: As long as we’re on the same page.

When can we expect the hardware charts?

With those numbers, I would say PS4 is heavily overestimated this week and Switch is underestimated.

Why would the PS4 be at 533k? The $200 PS4 Spiderman deal didn't start till Sunday (the 18th) right?

Around the Network

If those PS4 numbers are true...., PS4 is going to be the disappointment of the month by quite a margin....awful numbers. And if Switch doesn't surpass PS4 this month worldwide either, it will be a disastrous month for the industry compared to last year....

Ufff, i did not expected this....

Edit: And XB One.....well....no comments.

colafitte said:

If those PS4 numbers are true...., PS4 is going to be the disappointment of the month by quite a margin....awful numbers.

Is this a joke? Why would anyone buy a PS4 console in North America exactly one week before there's a gigantic sale on the PS4?

I'm shocked it's near the Switch globally on the Pokemon release week. I was expecting it to be destroyed this week, like  3:1 or at least 2:1 ratio in favor of Switch.

trunkswd said:
Here are the global hardware figures:
NS: 626,055
PS4: 533,999
X1: 197,143
3DS: 83,998
PSV: 2,221

This is Pokemon Let's Go week and a week before Black Friday. I must admit I am less confident with these figures. especially with Switch. I could tell the algorithm underestimated hardware sales as we have numbers from Japan, due to Media Create and Famitsu. For Switch sales outside of Japan I looked at what Pokemon did to help boost 3DS sales in the past. However, I am sure it is obvious what the issue with that is.

Yeah, especially the European numbers smell funky to me. Only 128K on Pokémon release just sounds plain wrong, especially when both Japan and US do almost double to that and RoW ain't too far behind these numbers.

I think Switch numbers should be at least 50k higher

Great sales numbers IMO! Down from Last year for sure but still great sales! Especially the PS4 being on it's freaking 5th year! Wow! Switch Sales are solid....may be a bit low with this being Pokemon week but solid none the less. And next week is Black Friday week! Ready to see what the big 3 are looking like for next week!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23