By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reviews! Metacritic: 93 OpenCritic: 92 Game Rankings: 92.25%

Will you get this game?

Yes 60 73.17%

No 22 26.83%

Total:82

WoL being disappointing was not surprising.

Around the Network

94,40 % on Gamerankings :

https://www.gamerankings.com/switch/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/index.html

(by the way... why people never look into Gamerankings?.... It´s the oldest website for aggregate reviews of videogames!)

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Sometimes it is good to have a mode for when you can't get together with friends. (Also, I think Splatoon needs a single player campaign, which it has done a great job with for both games, as the game will become obsolete when online is taken down. )

My problem isn't that there should be a great story in Smash... It is just a bit of a disappointment when  you lead with something like the opening cutscene in the World of Light only to find out that there is essentially nothing to come after that.

Yeah, I agree. Splatoon does have a single player mode but it´s not long. The Octo Expansion adds a lot to the single player experience of Splatoon 2, though.

That game, at least, is playable locally. Given, of course, you can gather at least 04 players each one with its own Switch.

Rogerioandrade said:

(by the way... why people never look into Gamerankings?.... It´s the oldest website for aggregate reviews of videogames!)

I honestly forgot about that site. I can add that in the OP and the thread title.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Rogerioandrade said:

I honestly forgot about that site. I can add that in the OP and the thread title.

Please do. IT's the most accurate of the sites and has the best layout by far.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:

I don’t understand people who play single player in smash tbh. Like for what reason?

Same with Splatoon. It’s nice for it to be there but it doesn’t really add anything.

I wonder when MK9 launches.. Will people be complaining about lack of story and cutscenes in Mario Kart...most likely going by the recent game is art with story trend.

Different preferences that people have?

Also Splatoon and Smash are quite different, Splatoon have SP campaign, but outside of that you can play game only online, its online focused game. While Smash you can play alone, in local multiplayer or online, same like MK8D.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 06 December 2018

This is great, the people at Bethesda and DICE will have something nice to play while looking for new jobs!

Runa216 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Please do. IT's the most accurate of the sites and has the best layout by far.

Done. :)

Ugh jeuxactu is such a scam they shouldn't be allowed there.
Also IGN giving it 9,4 while Smash Wii U had 9,8 with Smash tour hmm

xMetroid said:
Ugh jeuxactu is such a scam they shouldn't be allowed there.
Also IGN giving it 9,4 while Smash Wii U had 9,8 with Smash tour hmm

Yeah, some of these scores are headscratchers.  Maybe they didn't want to give it a higher score because of an internal bias of them thinking it's a port or half-measure?