By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Arsenal FC have so many homophobic fans

RolStoppable said:
You don't need to be homophobic to dislike politics being brought into sports.

Besides, my bigger concern isn't about homophobia, but rather that so many people have chosen to be fans of Arsenal.

Whats even worse, people who choose to be fan of Arsenal are also allowed to vote.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Kerotan said:

You could just as easily say keep sexuality discussions out of politics. And tbf in most modern countries there's a bigger issue with Homophobia in sport then politics. 

Then they should take the appropriate avenues to dealing with homophobia rather than making a big song and dance about it.

Yeah true.

I do think its the same with anything that is imprinted into our minds as "manly" through social interactions when growing up, and maybe even a bit because of primal instincts that still partly linger within us?(hence that could cause phobia without the need of having info put in by other people)

Its prob a lot of different things and would be pretty complex to describe in a just way without the needed research or without reading up on a lot of the done research.

Kerotan said:
Pemalite said:

Then they should take the appropriate avenues to dealing with homophobia rather than making a big song and dance about it.

Changing your profile picture to support a movement is a song and dance?? 

Sure. Not everyone wants to see that. Not everyone needs to see that. - Just let sports be sports.

In less developed countries there is probably a bigger need for it as their level of education on LGBTQI issues is probably severely lacking, especially in nations that have the death penalty for Homosexuality.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Are you really that surprised?

Arsenal were the butt of all soccer jokes in the 90s.

Pemalite said:
Kerotan said:

Changing your profile picture to support a movement is a song and dance?? 

Sure. Not everyone wants to see that. Not everyone needs to see that. - Just let sports be sports.

In less developed countries there is probably a bigger need for it as their level of education on LGBTQI issues is probably severely lacking, especially in nations that have the death penalty for Homosexuality.

But they are letting sport be sport. Do you think FIFA should also drop the "Say no to Racism" campaign too? 

Arsenal are a club with a WW fan base as seen with the homophobic comments. So that is another reason to support this. Like you said less developed countries need it more and tons of Arsenal fans live in these places. 

Around the Network

They are "Hispanic"? Way to go. Accused them of LGBT bias while you yourself don't seem to be that sensitive to the nuances of identity either.

Oh, and there's bias like that everywhere. What did you expect?

That´s the same all over the world with football ultra fanbases.

Kerotan said:

Do you think FIFA should also drop the "Say no to Racism" campaign too?

Yup.
I think I should mention I am a part of the LGBTQI community, thus I am not speaking from ignorance or a homophobic perspective. - Having my denomination paraded around isn't something I really need/want/desire.

Kerotan said:

Arsenal are a club with a WW fan base as seen with the homophobic comments. So that is another reason to support this. Like you said less developed countries need it more and tons of Arsenal fans live in these places.

Funny. Never heard of them personally.

Pemalite said:
Kerotan said:

Do you think FIFA should also drop the "Say no to Racism" campaign too?

Yup.
I think I should mention I am a part of the LGBTQI community, thus I am not speaking from ignorance or a homophobic perspective. - Having my denomination paraded around isn't something I really need/want/desire.

Kerotan said:

Doesn't change the fact they are super famous WW. 

You might not need it but many people do. The football club don't just represent people like you or countries where LGBT rights are good. 

Kerotan said:
Pemalite said:

Yup.

Doesn't change the fact they are super famous WW. 

You might not need it but many people do. The football club don't just represent people like you or countries where LGBT rights are good. 

I have never needed it. - And that was before equal rights became a thing.

Newer generations are generally more accepting, time is what is the biggest driver of change, not rainbows paraded on screen, there is a time and place for everything.
Have the gay parades... Do promotional work, but don't invade every single medium known to man, it's unnecessary and invasive. - What goes on in an individuals bedroom and thus their sexuality is really no ones business anyway.