By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Arsenal FC have so many homophobic fans

Seems like a lot of copy cat comments. Looks like a trolling raid to me.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Eh, a huge percentage of them are probably closet homosexuals anyway.

A huge %? What you think like 70% of people are gay? I don't think that's true. 

Do you think the people outraged in the comments section represent the average person? 

I'm not going to get into an argument about this, so I'll just state it plainly and move on:

Some people believe that homosexuality is IMMORAL, and constantly slapping labels on them and yelling at them is not going to change that. You can't force ideals or religions to change, and attempting to do so only results in anger and resentment. You're dealing with BILLIONS of people. You can either accept it and look for ways to coexist, or you can constantly fly into a rage every time you come into contact with someone with a different world view. Your choice.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kerotan said:

A huge %? What you think like 70% of people are gay? I don't think that's true. 

Do you think the people outraged in the comments section represent the average person? 

The average homophobic person yes. 

Kalkano said:
I'm not going to get into an argument about this, so I'll just state it plainly and move on:

Some people believe that homosexuality is IMMORAL, and constantly slapping labels on them and yelling at them is not going to change that. You can't force ideals or religions to change, and attempting to do so only results in anger and resentment. You're dealing with BILLIONS of people. You can either accept it and look for ways to coexist, or you can constantly fly into a rage every time you come into contact with someone with a different world view. Your choice.

Nobody here is really in a rage. Far from it. The same can't be said for the arsenal comment section. 

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

The average homophobic person yes. 

Precisely my point https://www.google.com/amp/www.indy100.com/article/homophobia-gay-homosexual-closet-science-self-loathing-study-data-50-years-decriminalisation-7788016%3famp

Around the Network

Saw that Facebook post and read some of the comments earlier today. Didn't surprise me at all, most people who comment stuff come off as fucking idiots. This was on a whole new level of stupidity though. It would be the same with any other fanbase unfortunately.

"God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" lol ffs 😆

RolStoppable said:
You don't need to be homophobic to dislike politics being brought into sports.

Besides, my bigger concern isn't about homophobia, but rather that so many people have chosen to be fans of Arsenal.

Homophobia is a massive issue in sport. If the parties involved in sport don't speak out then who will? 

KiigelHeart said:
Saw that Facebook post and read some of the comments earlier today. Didn't surprise me at all, most people who comment stuff come off as fucking idiots. This was on a whole new level of stupidity though. It would be the same with any other fanbase unfortunately.

Forgot you were an arsenal fan. Yeah seen that comment too and couldn't stop laughing. Utterly idiotic and never actually heard that line before either. 

RolStoppable said:
Besides, my bigger concern isn't about homophobia, but rather that so many people have chosen to be fans of Arsenal.

I do share your concern that so many people with this Stone Age mentality have chosen to be fans of our honorable & elegant club.

Them other London clubs would be more suitable for them ;)

But seriously, homophobia is fucked up and an issue in sport and in general. Every club should show their support for equality. It's hardly "politics" anyway.

KiigelHeart said:

Doesn't that imply they would rather support incest though?

KiigelHeart said:

But seriously, homophobia is fucked up and an issue in sport and in general. Every club should show their support for equality. It's hardly "politics" anyway.

Homophobia is an irrational fear of Homosexuals/Homosexuality, in short Phobias can be classed as a legitimate mental illness... And because of such, help and therapy does actually exist for sufferers.

I agree that every club should support equality, but there is a time and a place for everything... I highly doubt the LGBTQI community wants to be the political focal point of anything and would rather just get on with their lives.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The only solution is to close down arsenal FC because they suck ass.