By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GRID Autosport coming to Switch next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nEj7NzTizBg

Switch lacks racer games, so this is interesting announcement.

Around the Network

This is the weirdest game for releases. Came out in 2014 but only released on last-gen (ps3+360). Then randomly at the end of 2017 they decide to bring it to IOS and Android, and now in 2019 it's coming to Switch. It's really STRANGE. It's weird they decided to go back to it and port it so long after it's release, when it didn't sell well, and no one really talks about it.

But it's a good game. xD

I guess it's coming to Switch now because they were already making an Android port, and it's easy to port to Switch from that.

Barkley said:

This is the weirdest game for releases. Came out in 2014 but only released on last-gen (ps3+360). Then randomly at the end of 2017 they decide to bring it to IOS and Android, and now in 2019 it's coming to Switch. It's really STRANGE. It's weird they decided to go back to it and port it so long after it's release, when it didn't sell well, and no one really talks about it.

But it's a good game. xD

I guess it's coming to Switch now because they were already making an Android port, and it's easy to port to Switch from that.

Yeah, porting from Android to Switch would be much easier than porting from PS3/360.

RolStoppable said:
Cool and surprising. Hopefully the price is right, but this might be another one of those test games that are made to fail. Codemasters has never liked Nintendo, after all.

No game company makes games or ports purposely to fail.

They aren't obligated to support any system they don't want, they don't have to produce a fail to get out of such an obligation.

Also worth mentioning that With Gear.Club Unlimited 2 will be released next week like Switch exclusive and V-Rally 4 in two week in Europe (in February in US),
so Switch is getting more racing games that lacks.

Around the Network

So with that, each developer/publisher on the list has finally put out a game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

This was low-key one of the great racing games of last gen, it's just that launching after PS4/XBO were out really made it go under the radar for many.

Definite recommend.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Looks good.

flashfire926 said:

I remember people calling this list BS and saying that half of developer/publisher from that list will not release any game for Switch.

Worth of new thread?

flashfire926 said:

Well, some of this is still far away. I mean, when will we finally see something substantial about SMT? I am so disappointed, because Atlus put so many games on 3DS. I understand SMT is their big gun and takes time, but why not port some stuff from the 3DS in the meantime or have some smaller games? From take their sweet time with Dark Souls. Travis will come only next year, but at least it looks pretty sweet. Frozenbyte took also a long time, for just another port of Trine. Sega, Square, Koei, Bethesda, Namco, THQNordic and Ubi are substantial supporters though. I habe to applaud that.

Ah, one question. Does anyone know what DeNA actually did? Because potentially their involvement could be big, if they bring over their portfolio. But probably they are involved with some of the mobile ports the Switch got.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]